Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

how do you enforce a custody agreement?

my bf's ex keeps his son from him in every possible way. she tells the son that his dad doesn't care about him anymore since he met me. she manipulates the situations, ex. takes the son out for dinner at like 8:30 so that when my bf needs to go get him, she says, sorry, we went out for a late dinner. when the son tells her he wants to see his dad, he tells us that she won't leave him alone about it(just badgering him that he must love his dad more, his dad is a piece of shit that will be living under a bridge without her, etc.) unttil the boy finally gives in and says fine, I'll stay with you. The son has even gone so far as begging his dad to take him before the mom got there so he didn't have to hear her badgering. She cusses me out in front of my kid and hers, calls me c*nt, in front of the kids (their son is 12, mine is 2). She texted him today that their son is old enough to make his own decisions.... continued

Answer Question

Asked by TXColter at 8:10 PM on Nov. 13, 2009 in Tweens (9-12)

Level 15 (2,276 Credits)
Answers (7)
  • he has been relunctant to involve the police, since his son is old enough to see what's going on... but is that really the only way?

    Answer by TXColter at 8:12 PM on Nov. 13, 2009

  • Ha! You live in Texas...the only State in the country where law inforcement officials CAN intervene in custody issues! I was going to point out calling the cops would be all but pointless unless you live in Texas...LMBO!

    Dad can file a Motion to Show Cause with the Courts. They'll haul mom in front of a judge and she'll have to explain why she's keeping the child from Dad, and *at best* be given a very stern lecture by the judge about following the visitation agreement. And it will all be handled away from little eyes. Dad should also look into having Mom barred from discussing the proceeding with the child. I know it can be done, but I'm not sure how ~ like if it can be done during the MSC hearing, or if he'd have to go back and file to have the custody agreement modified to include it????

    Answer by desert_diva at 10:20 PM on Nov. 13, 2009

  • Skip the police and get an attorney and fight for custody. At 12, your SD is old enough that the courts will take his wishes into consideration. He is also old enough to know what his mother is trying to do and it will backfire on her as he continues to grow and mature.

    Answer by tyfry7496 at 12:54 AM on Nov. 14, 2009

  • Are the visits court ordered? If they are then get the police involved so he can see is son. Plus if he is scared to be with his mom have him tell the officers when they show up. That way a police report will be done and that is just more ammo for you when you take her to court. Good luck.

    Answer by Babykitty at 6:37 AM on Nov. 14, 2009

  • oh, he HAS custody of his son, but he lost his day job and has been working a night job so she has been able to manipulate the situation to keep his son from him. She didn't even fight for custody of her son, well she did, but she has so much BAD against her(sleeping with, well raping, 14 yr old boys when her older children were in Jr high, bringing women, to sleep with, into the house while her son was there, a criminal trespass, a trespass of a habitation((? I'm not sure on that one, I don't know many people that have been arrested!LOL)), the list goes on and on) but she did fight for half the money when their house sells....... well, thank yall, I will pass this info on to my BF, although he doesn't have the money to get another lawyer....
    and the really scary part is that she is a 50 yr old grandmother behaving this way... she got with my BF when he was 17 and she was 35..... eeeeewwww, I know.

    Answer by TXColter at 9:17 PM on Nov. 14, 2009

  • Have him go to through DHS or what ever form of state facility for help with a lawyer. Even if they cannot provide him with one they could recommend one. Just from what you have said here he will have no problem getting one. And who know, when it goes to court the judge might make her pay his lawyer bill. The judge did that with my SIL. She was in court for years and the judge made her ex pay for her pay herback for what she did pay.

    Answer by Babykitty at 6:06 AM on Nov. 15, 2009

  • babykitty, could you give me more info..... my head is spinning with all of her BS..... really though, she has a way of making everyone feels sorry for her and she comes out smelling like a rose every time he turns around. He has called the police 3 times for her assaulting him and all 3 times the police never pursued it(she would leave the premises when he called the cops). They have even taken photos of him scratched up and face bloody and good old Montgomery County TX has let it go..... even made fun of him for calling the cops on a woman....


    Answer by TXColter at 12:17 PM on Nov. 16, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.