Just found out I'm pregnant and...

I'm feeling slight pain in my pelvis on my right. Is this normal? Has anyone else experienced this and it turned out to be nothing?

Imogine

Asked by Imogine at 8:15 PM on Nov. 13, 2009 in Pregnancy

• yah, its just my sciatica for me. your body also releases a hormone that starts relaxing your joints and it can cause nerve pain also. is it kinda like where your leg and pelvis meet? because that is normal, albeit uncomfortable
    mrs_pulley

Answer by mrs_pulley at 8:18 PM on Nov. 13, 2009

• Yeah that's exactly where it is. Almost where my appendix used to be.
    Imogine

Answer by Imogine at 8:21 PM on Nov. 13, 2009

• definitely normal. unfortunately people forget to mention that pregnancy is actually very uncomfortable and somewhat painful the entire time. with your body stretching, and everything shifting, muscles and joints relaxing, your in for another 8 months of aches and pains lol. but its all worth it!! Congrats on the pregnancy!
    Amanduhpanda

Answer by Amanduhpanda at 8:45 PM on Nov. 13, 2009

• Yes, slight to aarrgh pains are going to be normal for the next 9 months.

Just tell the doc if they get to be intense - doc can help make sure everything is okay, and help with pain management.
    mogencreative

Answer by mogencreative at 10:34 PM on Nov. 13, 2009

• I felt that and was told that it was due to my uterus stretching.
    justluvinmyson

Answer by justluvinmyson at 1:52 AM on Nov. 14, 2009

• I just wanted to be sure because the last time I felt something like that it turned out to be a tubal. but what I'm feeling now isn't as intense as that.
    Imogine

Answer by Imogine at 9:31 AM on Nov. 14, 2009

• yea you should make sure its not anything bad like that but i had horrible pain in my side and i couldnt get outa bed for a month but everything turned out fine and im 16 weeks now, im always thinking somethings not right though and i hope im having a healthy baby and i hope the same for you
    therisaa

Answer by therisaa at 10:54 AM on Nov. 14, 2009

• I think I'll be convinced when I hear the baby's heartbeat.
    Imogine

Answer by Imogine at 12:55 PM on Nov. 15, 2009