placenta previa

I was just diagnosed, I am still early in my pregnancy (12 weeks) was wondering if any women on here have had it this early and if it had recorrected itself??? just trying to find out a percent

mommy2b17MV

Asked by mommy2b17MV at 8:37 PM on Nov. 13, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I believe in my experience from working in L&D it is pretty commonly diagnosed in early pregnancy and corrects itself a little more than 1/2 the time. It may become "low lying placenta" which isn't as serious.
    Anonymous

• Your uterus is going to do a great deal of expanding in the next six months. As your uterus expands upward into your abdomen, your placenta will move away from your cervix. I'm a little surprised they mentioned anything at 12 weeks pregnant; usually a placenta isn't considered a previa until 20 weeks and something like 75% of placenta's that are across the cervix at 20 weeks correct themselves enough for a vaginal birth by 38 weeks.
    eema.gray

Answer by eema.gray at 8:51 PM on Nov. 13, 2009

• I was diagnosed with partial previa at 9 weeks and as my uterus grew, my placenta slightly moved up. It was in the front and was below my belly button but it no longer covered any part of my cervix and I had a vaginal birth
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 11:08 PM on Nov. 13, 2009

• I was also told I had previa at around 12 weeks, I think it's standard to include the "diagnosis" in the charts if it's seen on U/S, but my doc told me not to worry since my uterus still had a lot of growing to do....and she was right, by 20 weeks the problem had fixed itself! Good luck!
    babz687

Answer by babz687 at 9:00 PM on Nov. 14, 2009

• It also depends on how "previa" you are. Do you ave partial previa or complete? The less "previa" the better, obviously. Keep an eye out for any bleeding (get seen immediately!!). Here's hoping your placenta moves out of the way!! =)
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 1:25 AM on Nov. 15, 2009