Is the way you act on cafemom a reflection of the way you are at home and how you treat others?

Im just saying a lot of ppl on cafemom say alot of crazy things and i just wonder if they are the same way at home with there family and children!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:40 PM on Nov. 13, 2009 in Relationships

• I think the question should be do you think most moms on here act bitchy and say rude remarks or crazy things on here to other people because they're too scared to be that way off the internet =]]!?
    mommy16love

Answer by mommy16love at 8:57 PM on Nov. 13, 2009

• Yes. I am a sarcastic bitchy woman. I tell the truth, I like honesty, and I do admit that I am sometimes too brutal with my honesty. I am who I am, and I'm comfortable with it.
    NightPhoenix

Answer by NightPhoenix at 8:43 PM on Nov. 13, 2009

• usually but sometimes i come on here to vent lol
    sweet.lil.mama

Answer by sweet.lil.mama at 8:43 PM on Nov. 13, 2009

• I wouldn't say anything on here that I would say to a friend in a regular conversation. But for the people on here who say crazy things, I'd say they probably aren't like that at home, they probably just say those crazy things to amuse their selves.
    BlainesMommy09

Answer by BlainesMommy09 at 8:44 PM on Nov. 13, 2009

• i hear ya there nightphoenix :) lol but i really try to keep others feelings first tho because most of the time what im thinking isnt always the approperate thing to say.
    31angelmommy3

Answer by 31angelmommy3 at 8:46 PM on Nov. 13, 2009

• Speaking from your heart rather then your mouth is they best way to go. Sometimes easier said then done!
    31angelmommy3

• I think I am the same here as I am in the real world. I try to always tell the truth and I try to say it as nicely as I can. And I tell the people here the same thing as I would my best friend because if I need advice, I'd hope someone would do the same for me. I want to be told what I need to hear instead of what I want to hear.
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 8:50 PM on Nov. 13, 2009

• I try to be courteous to everyone. I think I tend to be more, umm, mother hen-ish here, but only because people are asking for advice. Normally I'd restrain myself from giving advice unless it was a serious situation. But here people are asking for advice, so I jump right in and offer what advice I can to try to help.

Answer by Bmat at 8:50 PM on Nov. 13, 2009

• Good question! I am the same here and w/ family and friends.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 8:50 PM on Nov. 13, 2009

• Are there really that many mean posts? I see more posts complaining about mean posts than I do mean posts. Sometimes there is an anon who says something outrageously rude, but I figure it isn't even a real CM person but a troll - probably an early teenage boy fooling around. Sometimes moms come across as sharp, but they are entitled to say their minds- hopefully in as non-hurtful a way as they can. But I am surprised how many posts there are asking why all the rude answers, when what I normally see here are people going out of their way to be kind and to help and to offer the best advice that they can.

Answer by Bmat at 9:16 PM on Nov. 13, 2009