Why are all birthmoms lazy and evil (according to cafemom)?

Everytime I see a question from stepmoms, they almost always characterize the birthmoms in the following way:

1. The birthmom is a beotch
2. She doesn't work
3. She's living with her parents/her boyfriend and doesn't pay rent
4. Her home is a mess
5. They use the child's support money on clothes for themselves

Are all birthmoms this way? Or is there something going on with the STEPmoms? Bitterness? Jealousy?? Your opinion?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:40 PM on Nov. 13, 2009 in Relationships

• Wow, I didn't know I had the option of living with my parents or some guy rent free and letting my house be a mess. I'm doing something wrong! However, I admit I don't work and I do spend my child support on myself. Of course it's because I'm retired and my kids are in their 30's. It's not my fault it took so long for me to receive child support and my kids no longer need it. I'm not sure my kids' stepmom is as much jealous as she hates dishing out that money to me each week knowing I'm going to the spa or taking others out to eat. There is no law that requires me to spend my child support in a certain way. It's mine and I spend it as I please. If my kids or their kids needed it I'd give it to them but they are all doing fine on their own. Will I ever let him stop paying? No. Am I a beotch? Probably but then he let my kids go hungry when they were small and go without shoes and clothes so crap on him.

Answer by admckenzie at 9:38 PM on Nov. 13, 2009

• Probably because that it their experience with birth moms they know. Now, if they are lumping them all together, then that's not cool. But truthfully, most birth moms do act like asses, especially to the step-mom.
    NightPhoenix

Answer by NightPhoenix at 8:42 PM on Nov. 13, 2009

• I think some birth moms are that way & some step moms are just jealous.
    Anonymous

• I agree...Probably because that it their experience with birth moms they know. Now, if they are lumping them all together, then that's not cool. But truthfully, most birth moms do act like asses, especially to the step-mom.
    itsallabtthem84

Answer by itsallabtthem84 at 8:43 PM on Nov. 13, 2009

• Divorce is very nasty and gives people very skewed views of each other.

I think a lot of step-moms get their first impression of the "birth mom" from the very skewed view of the dad.
    Anonymous

• Because the Step Mom has a self righteous attitude most of the time. Mostly because they are trying to make the man they married seem better than he really is, and they want everyone to think they will be a better Mom than the bio-mom,lol.. No one can replace a good Dad or Mom, but some step fathers and Step Moms can do a better job.. It just depends on the situation. JMO
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 9:00 PM on Nov. 13, 2009

• Maybe thats the kind of woman that the dad likes. At one time the step moms husband was with this person, why was he with her if she was that terrible.
    Anonymous

• Anon 900, GOOD POINT!!!
    Anonymous

• Well if you really think about it this is a site where people come for advice. Most moms aren't going to come on here and brag about how they have such a great relationship with the BM they deal with. The BM in my life is almost everything you said and she's proud of it and flaunts it. She even told us (we have the voicemail she left) saying that she will damn well use the CS on herself b/c she deserves to be paid to take care of "these kids". She also lives with her boyfriend and in VA they count any person in the house that works income for government assistance and with his job they would not qualify so she lies about it to get medicaid and food stamps. She works, but only 2 days a week for about 4 hours each day to ensure she doesn't lose her assistance. There is a fine line between love and hate, and she hates that he is with someone else now so she is a bitch to both of us b/c she knows she f-ed up by cheating
    amyrw

Answer by amyrw at 9:27 PM on Nov. 13, 2009

• U described my son's BM perfectly. She lost her rights and I adopted him.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 9:42 PM on Nov. 13, 2009