what is an emotional affair?

I cant place my finger on it but cant figure it out. I kinda figured out that its when you talk to someone and tell them your wants and desires and they share the same thing but is there any more

hotmamaof297062

Asked by hotmamaof297062 at 9:04 PM on Nov. 13, 2009 in Relationships

• An emotional affair is where a married person turns to someone else for all his/her emotional needs. They are the person's best friend and confidant. Communicating with that person is something they look forward to above all things, even family. This is why emotional affairs can break up a marriage easier than a sexual affair.

Answer by admckenzie at 9:31 PM on Nov. 13, 2009

• Also when you desire them but don't act on it physically. It can involve fantasizing, dreaming. I'd say probably also love talk, but no physical contact.

Answer by Bmat at 9:07 PM on Nov. 13, 2009

• When you spend time with another person without having any type of sex.

Answer by louise2 at 9:09 PM on Nov. 13, 2009

• Who says there is no sex in an emotional affair? I think there is sex 90% of the time but people lie and say it's just emotional. It means that someone is in love with somebody else.
    JackieGirl007

Answer by JackieGirl007 at 9:27 PM on Nov. 13, 2009

• You can be in love with someone and not have sex with them. So if your in love with someone else or have romantic feelings for someone else.
    Anonymous