He is only eating KIX, peas, and cantalope. Is that ok for just a few days?

My baby isn't really feeling too good so he is being really picky. He will only eat "BALL" (KIX and/or peas) and cantalope. He is supposed to have 1 pedia sure a day (doctor wants to see if it will help him grow) but I have been giving him 2 1/2 to make up for the not eating too well. If he doesn't start eating in the next 2-3 days I'm taking him in to the doctors. Is that ok, I mean waiting a couple days? I plan to call tomorrow, but they aren't seeing anyone unless it's a well child check up or the kid has had a fever for 3+ days.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:11 PM on Nov. 13, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Yeah, it should be ok for a day or2. My son never wants food when he's not feeling well, so we push fluids and when he's ready to try eating, we just let his tummy dictate what,when and how much. Good luck,Sweetie!
    Robsmommy

Answer by Robsmommy at 9:13 PM on Nov. 13, 2009

• It seems like a well-rounded diet for just a few days while he's sick. He's getting grains, veggies, and fruit. The pediasure (if he drinks any) should help him out with any vitamins he is lacking. As long as this isn't a long-term diet, it seems great. Ya know, at least he is eating something. A lot of sick kids can't stand to eat anything at all!
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 9:15 PM on Nov. 13, 2009

• Aww poor babe.....Kix has lots of vitamins and the canteloupe will hydrate so I think for a few days is ok. Make sure he isnt dehydrated though. Too many dry diapers is a sign of dehydration. BTW My little boy only ate popcorn for a few days when he had the flu...we thought it was cute.
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 9:21 PM on Nov. 13, 2009

• My daughter is sick too, and is living off of yogurt, cheese, cheerios, graham crackers and milk. It's all she'll eat. I'm sure she'll be back to her normal diet very soon.
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 9:55 PM on Nov. 13, 2009

• He will be ok for a couple of days. When my children are sick they don't have much of an appetite. So I give them fluids to keep them hydrated. Hope he feels better.
    Praise2

Answer by Praise2 at 10:33 PM on Nov. 13, 2009