What would you do if you found out....

your husband cheated and the mistress was pregnant. I'm asking b/c I've seen many posts that sort of encourage the wife to try to work things out with her cheating spouse as long as he's willing to change/go to counseling..etc. Well would all that change if you found out that this lady would forever be connected to your husband because of the baby? And knowing that if you choose to forgive your husband there would always be a constant reminder of his infidelity? Let me know your thoughts...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:12 PM on Nov. 13, 2009 in Relationships

• I think if there's a pregnancy/child involved it would be more difficult. Some people could love the child and forgive regardless. Other women would resent the child and if that's the case, it's best she walk away because the child is innocent. I'm not sure I could forgive with or without a baby involved. It takes a special kind of person who can forgive, and forget that he crushed all of your hopes, your trust and your heart.
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 9:16 PM on Nov. 13, 2009

• wow that is hard i dont think i could deal with it. if he has cheated once he will prob do it again
    firstimemomm603

Answer by firstimemomm603 at 9:14 PM on Nov. 13, 2009

• First thing I would do is move into the guest room. Then I would find a job and start saving to get my own place. Then i would divorce him. I do not have the money to just leave, so it would take time to do so.

Answer by louise2 at 9:14 PM on Nov. 13, 2009

• I do not believe in cheating so I would leave his ass.
    berrysweetmamma

Answer by berrysweetmamma at 9:15 PM on Nov. 13, 2009

• I would dump him but that's just me. I can support myself.
    Anonymous

• It would be over the minute I found out he cheated. No fixing that. Vows mean something to me, and I made it clear to him from the beginning that his is forever until we die, or unless one of us cheats, hurts the kids or each other physically. I would not want anything to with the other chick's kids, either, and though I know I'm a bitch for saying it, I would not let my kids around the other kid if possible. My kids don't need to be reminded of why mommy and daddy are not together, either.
    NightPhoenix

Answer by NightPhoenix at 9:19 PM on Nov. 13, 2009

• Been there done that. Someone killed her (no, not me) so we didn't have to deal with that connection with her but I divorced the jerk anyway.

Answer by admckenzie at 9:28 PM on Nov. 13, 2009

• I would never want to stay with someone who cheated. Period. If there was a baby involved, I would try to be nuetral with the mom so that my children could know their sibling. It is not the childrens fault, but the cheating thing is toooo much for me to bear.
    JackieGirl007

Answer by JackieGirl007 at 9:32 PM on Nov. 13, 2009

• Wow, admckenzie....thats crazy...like someone murdered her or like killed her in an accident or something?
    amyrw

Answer by amyrw at 9:33 PM on Nov. 13, 2009

• cheating would be it for us, period.

if he can't hold up his end of the deal and his end of the vows he said to me and promised, I don't owe him anything. he's a big boy, and needs to be able to contorl himself and be responsible. not only would he hurt me and ruin our marriage, but he would hurt our child(ren).

I would be civil for our children's sake, but it'd be over between us.
    carliemarie1015

Answer by carliemarie1015 at 9:35 PM on Nov. 13, 2009