Public school officials bullies military family, please pass along!

I just heard of this incident this morning on my local talk radio morning show. It's absolutely deplorable what has happened to CJ, his wife Emily, and their children. From physical harassment and anonymous smear threats sent to his employer, these arrogant educators need to get knocked off their high horse. Please watch both videos, listen to the interview, and support this family!!!

http://www.soldiersperspective.us/2009/11/03/picking-up-the-pieces/#comment-53030

http://theattackmachine.wordpress.com/2009/11/13/contact-the-hunstville-city-schools-and-tell-them-that-they-are-way-out-of-line/

chickenhobbit

Asked by chickenhobbit at 9:17 PM on Nov. 13, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Id really like to veiw the video but I do not have speakers right now..is there some place I can read about this?

thanks
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 9:44 PM on Nov. 13, 2009

• So far all I've been able to find is the blogs. I don't think the local newspapers are going to cover everything in depth (if they even cover the story at all). The best description of what has been happening is Emily's radio interview. Oh thank goodness for talk radio, or I would not be nearly as aware of what goes on...
    chickenhobbit

Answer by chickenhobbit at 10:00 PM on Nov. 13, 2009

• it scares me that some people really get their news off the radio --- is it 1950? i just wanted to say i didnt watch the videos but most teachers are wonderful people, not bullies, and dont focus on the negative examples of a group -- it simply isnt fair and most people have been at the receiving end of blanket statements before.... it isnt cool.
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 10:37 PM on Nov. 13, 2009

• it scares me that some people really get their news off the radio --- is it 1950?
    _______
    Are you serious? Some people have jobs and catch the news on their way to work in the car. Not everyone has the ability to sit on their arse all day and watch the news. The video had nothing to do with a teacher, it was the PTA president which doesn't have to be a teacher and the principle. It had nothing to do with grouping anyone except the way they were treated at a public school and how they used him being in the military as leverage all because of new uniform requirements.
    Crissy1213

Answer by Crissy1213 at 11:46 PM on Nov. 13, 2009

• 21:37 Principal Williams states that there will NOT be an opt-out clause, which was part of my motion, then denies me the opportunity to argue the motion.
    21:49 PTA President Thomas states that the school uniform issue has absolutely NOTHING to do with the PTA.
    22:49 Thomas again states that the PTA is not a part of the uniforms.
    23:17 Thomas bars a parent from making a motion even after it's been seconded.
    23:40 Another parent expresses concern about being contacted for the survey.
    25:30 I get up to leave, but another parent is about to speak so I sit back down.
    25:58 Another parent states that I have had an attitude.
    26:33 Parent mentions I'm in the military and I try to correct him that I'm there as a parent.
    26:43 I slam my fist on the table and get up to leave when Thomas mentions on the microphone that I'm a "First Sergeant in the United States Army." Other parents get upset about this.
    Crissy1213

Answer by Crissy1213 at 11:48 PM on Nov. 13, 2009

• I can't view it. Though from the notes above it sounds horrible.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 12:55 AM on Nov. 14, 2009

• " i just wanted to say i didnt watch the videos"

you really should, in order to truly understand what has happened. not making blanket statement on anyone, just revealing these fool individuals for the scum bags they are. and I tell ya what, radio is cheaper than dumping money on cable or satellite, and with internet, who really needs TV anyway?
    chickenhobbit

Answer by chickenhobbit at 1:10 AM on Nov. 14, 2009

• Lets not forget the little girl who was bullied in front of the class by a TEACHER for wanting McCain to win. Her dad was military too.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 4:04 AM on Nov. 14, 2009

They were a bit pushy about Obama in our school system, too. When my little girl came home and said she wanted Obama. I asked why. She said he wanted what was best for America. She couldn't name one thing, so we went to his website. Sure. Enough, five minutes into it, she didn't want him to be president any more. The next day, they voted. She wound up going McCain, but asked the teacher what she should do If she didn't really like either of them. I got an email.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 8:40 AM on Nov. 14, 2009

• Yeah sounds messed up I will veiw the vid when I go to the fire dept..and I will likely be emailing the woman too.

My kids school did a little mock election too but as far as I know it all went ok..and no teachers ever even stated who they were voting for or none of that..the incident with that little girl the way that teacher harrassed her what she said about the little girls daddy in the military brought tears to my eyes for that little girl literally
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 11:31 AM on Nov. 14, 2009