Christmas Eve gift ideas please?

Since my daughters were born it has been a tradition for them to open one gift on Christmas Eve and that gift was always a brand new pair of pajamas.

My daughters are now 20, 18, and 15 years old and have a ton of pajamas so I'm thinking it is time to change the tradition a little bit.

Would any of you have any ideas of what type of gift I could give my daughters on Christmas Eve that they can actually use or enjoy on Christmas Eve?

Thank you very much for any suggestions you may have for me.

PrydferthMenyw

Asked by PrydferthMenyw at 9:19 PM on Nov. 13, 2009 in Holidays

• Not sure how much you wanted to spend or if it's something they are into, but what about each year buying them a Willow Tree figurine? You could get ones that match their personality and they have beautiful ones for when/if they are mothers themselves.

Good luck!
    Born2BAMommy5

Answer by Born2BAMommy5 at 11:40 PM on Nov. 14, 2009

• How about a "Keep-sake" orinament or a bractlet each that holds charms and add a new (starting with this yr with bracelet) a charm that fits their personility

gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 9:22 PM on Nov. 13, 2009

• Neat Lip glosses! Items or personal favorites! Like we like Clinque Happy. So A small Clinque Happy would be a nice gift! I always ask my DD's to give me a gift list of things they'd like! Like Target has that Soap glory stuff my DD loves! Or mine need & love new Nice Socks!! Gosh have Socks gone up in price! Or would one like some new & interesting Shampoo or conditioners!? Bath & body products Etc.. Cute Earrings!? Hope you find what they want and it makes them happy!
    Angellinda

Answer by Angellinda at 9:23 PM on Nov. 13, 2009

• Ohhh I like gmasboy's idea that is awesome. I was going to say PJ's until I read your post lol. We do PJ's here and slippers and robes then we hang out watch christmas movies and make cookies :) My kids are still growing fast so they need new PJ's every year :)
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 9:24 PM on Nov. 13, 2009

• I love the PJ idea and the watching Christmas movies and the cookies ideas! What neat traditions you all have. The charm idea is very good and easy to keep up year after year.

I was going to suggest books, but this would take knowing their interests every year and whether they already had the book. I don't suppose a toiletries basket? Nice soaps, toothbrush, floss, shower gel, hand cream, and so forth?

Answer by Bmat at 9:36 PM on Nov. 13, 2009

• Christmas flannel bed sheets.
    Anonymous

• depends if you do the 12 days of Christmas =where you get a small gift up to Christmas Eve where you give the final' .
    Last time I did that when my kids had chicken pox and were bored out of their minds- I got a small tree for their bedrooms and would put present under it each evening after they went to sleep. For my daughter it was the supplies to make jewelry and for the boys it was supplies to make a project car for scouts.
    momof4kids257

Answer by momof4kids257 at 10:20 AM on Nov. 14, 2009

• Ooooooh! You all have such awesome ideas!!!!
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 1:24 PM on Nov. 14, 2009

• I noticed alot of people that do x-mas eve gifts its always PJ! What fun is that? My friend does that and I don't get it. We don't do any gifts x-mas eve. I actually do get my kids new pj every year myself but they help pickl them out. My kids are younger so not really sure what works for your girls ages....if they like x-mas movies you could do a x-mas movie. I always get my kids a new x-mas movie almost every year and they like me never get tired of them! My parents use to let us open just a small gift they randomly picked.
    Anonymous

• I would check with them before changing it! I only have one child last year he was 15 so I thought I would stop the pjs and book on Christmas Eve and let him open a movie instead b/c DH thought it was silly b/c DS hardly ever wears pjs. Well DS was not happy with the change! He loved the movie but said "how am I supposed to wear this to bed and won't I look great in this years video wearing a movie?!" So yeah make sure it is a tradition the kids are willing to change.
    goaliemom93

Answer by goaliemom93 at 3:56 PM on Nov. 14, 2009