fudge?

I want to make fudge this holiday season, and I don't have a recipe. There are a thousand of them online, and I did try one today. It really didn't turn out well. It doesn't taste very 'fudgey'. It has a weird super creamy texture, and doesn't seem like it will hold its form well enough to mail it to anyone.

Anybody got one they have used before and know that it turns out like traditional fudge? I could use one for peanut butter fudge too.

Thank you in advance to any one who can help. :)

honeyb3

Asked by honeyb3 at 9:20 PM on Nov. 13, 2009 in Food & Drink

• My mother has made this for maybe 75 years. It is wonderful, but takes care making. You might be better off with a recipe that uses a thermometer so you don't have to use judgment.
    Peanut Butter Fudge (Mom’s)

Grease pans.

Place in heavy saucepan:

1 plus 2/3 boxes brown sugar (half light, half dark is best)
    ½ cup white sugar
    1 plus ½ cups milk
    2 large Tbl butter

Bring to boil.

Turn down heat and cook slowly until “soft ball” is formed in really cold water.

Take off heat and add 2 teaspoons of vanilla and 4-lb jar of peanut butter.

Cool and beat.

It sets up quickly, so watch carefully.

Pour into greased pans/platters and spread very quickly before it hardens.

Cut into bite size pieces after fudge is cool- the next day.

Answer by Bmat at 9:28 PM on Nov. 13, 2009

• I have made the fudge recipe on the back of the Hershey's cocoa box- if it isn't there you can probably find it on their website. It uses traditional stuff (not marshmallow fluff.) - butter, sugar, cocoa powder, milk.

Answer by Bmat at 9:31 PM on Nov. 13, 2009

• I always make the recipe on the back of the Kraft Marshmallow Creme jar. It is super easy and super delicious. The recipe calls for chocolate chips but I have replaced that with peanut butter chips to do peanut butter fudge.
    MaryMW

Answer by MaryMW at 11:13 PM on Nov. 13, 2009