What do you think about moms ttc on PA?

Ok, Im asking this because I know a mom on this site that is gladly (lieing) to get PA. She is a SAHM, they are now TTC so that they can stay on it and get more in foodstamps. I find this really wrong! I am not trying to bash here, I am on PA but I work, go to school full time, and my DH works fulltime too. It just bugs me because we are doing everything we can toget off of it and then there are people that just use it. I know this is like beating a dead horse, im just frustrated!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:23 PM on Nov. 13, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Report her ass if you can. It's people like her that make it hard for those who do need it, and give them a bad name.
    NightPhoenix

Answer by NightPhoenix at 9:26 PM on Nov. 13, 2009

• The only problem with this question is people will generalize their view based on this one woman who is using the system. I think there is nothing wrong with a woman trying to have a child on PA it is their decision but if the only motive is financial gain that is sad and I feel for the child, to only come into the world because someone wanted money is a very sad thing, I would hope that she is truly TTC because she wants another child for the right reasons.
    Anonymous

• Can I report her? I didnt think I could for that, but if I can I will!!! I have NOTHING against people on PA,Im on it, but we are trying everything we can to get off of it. But to find out that someone is actually TTC just so they get more is disgusting to me. We are done having kids ( thank goodness!). but it still irks me to no end!
    kendra251

Answer by kendra251 at 9:31 PM on Nov. 13, 2009

• I think children are a blessing, and so I would wish the woman all the best in her attempts. I'm not qualified to judge anyone, especially not knowing all of the facts (or only the facts presented by someone who may be twisting things around).
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 9:53 PM on Nov. 13, 2009

• it's simple. if you can't feed 'em, don't breed 'em.
    Anonymous

• honestly, i think if people are on pa, and they get pg, they should be kicked off. If you need help in the first place, you shouldn't be "asking" for additional help. Maybe that will motivate people to either NOT have more children they can't afford to feed, or to get off their butt and fix their situation so they can have more children, and be able to feed them on their own.
    Anonymous

• I am on PA and I am trying to conceive, it has nothing to do with how much I get. I don't get crap anyway this would not help us really to have another child. We just want another child, and nowhere in the agreement to get on PA was I told I couldn't not TTC. I am a full time student but I don't work my husband does.
    PsychMommie

Answer by PsychMommie at 10:19 PM on Nov. 13, 2009

• So Kendra you don't really know what it is like then. You are happy with the kids you have and some of us want more I have one DD and have a very hard time conceiving, just because we are having a tough time because of the economy doesn't mean I should have to stop trying. We went on PA after the economy in Michigan I might add took a shit. We are just happy my husband has a job so were not crying over being on PA right now.
    PsychMommie

Answer by PsychMommie at 10:23 PM on Nov. 13, 2009

• love that "can't feed em, don't breed em" it's my thoughts exactly!
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 10:37 PM on Nov. 13, 2009

• honestly...I dont think you should report her or anything -- MY opinion is -- you only regret the kids you DIDNT have, not the ones you did. they could win the lottery ...idk. If someone wants a baby -- as long as they are going to love that baby, they should be able to.
    glamomomo

Answer by glamomomo at 10:49 PM on Nov. 13, 2009