All of the moms that said that they would not get their child birth control...

Out of curiosity, did you wait untill you were married to have sex?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:23 PM on Nov. 13, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Moms who don't help protect their kids from pregnancy are just asking to be young grandmas and pay for the extra kid.
    NightPhoenix

Answer by NightPhoenix at 9:30 PM on Nov. 13, 2009

• I didn't but I was old enough to know to use protection. Educate your girls & teach some morals.
    Anonymous

• i've heard women say that they would'nt do it cuz its kinda like giving a kid permission to go out and have sex...and really for me it would depend on the daughter. I am kinda against birth controll right now because i have been a lot of problems with it (depo anyways)
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 9:40 PM on Nov. 13, 2009

• If I ever have a daughter I will not put her on BC. Not because I think she is too young or because I think it would encourage sex and all that stuff, but because I am wary about the effects of BC on eventually being able to concieve a child. I was on BC for a year and half and felt like crap every single day, but when I stopped taking it, I felt 100% better. Also, many women I know have had a REALLY hard time getting pregnant and coincidentally they all have been on BC for a number of years. I just feel that more and more people are having problems concieving and I think BC pills, patches, rings, etc. might have something to do with it. Messing with nature is never good. So I will encourage my daughter to use condoms but no I will not put her on BC nor will I ever take it again.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 9:46 PM on Nov. 13, 2009

• nope, i had sex & i used condemns. my mom didnt have to go out & buy it for me cause she taught me to be safe & to use my brain. so i bought them myself or got them from planned parenthood for free. its not hard or expensive to get condemns, most schools give them away for free.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 9:48 PM on Nov. 13, 2009

• i asked for birth control in 1975 it wasn't so easy to get, she said no, I got pregnant and she forced me to have an abortion.
    yes to birth control if she wants it.
    Anonymous

• I'm a young mom and my mother got me birth control. I used it to help my periods lessen in severity. She explained how to use condoms and she was very open and honest with me about the consequences. When I did have sex, I was prepared and honest with her about it. By educating me, she did not encourage me to have sex at an early age, she just taught me how to protect myself from pregnancy and std's. I encourage conversation and honesty. With that you and your child can make the best decision for your child. Don't try to make the decision for her because you will actually encourage her to make the wrong choices.
    denisekeene

Answer by denisekeene at 9:54 PM on Nov. 13, 2009

• I would not force my daughter to go on something that could kill her. But if she wanted it she could get birth control.
    Anonymous

• i wont give my child birth control pills/shots etc (not condoms) because it can kill them, i would give them condoms ect.

necro1134

Answer by necro1134 at 10:17 PM on Nov. 13, 2009

• I didn't answer your last question, but I did in fact wait until I was married.

I will get my girl BC pills if painful periods make it a medical issue.

I won't give my girl BC, because it is a way of saying "you have my permission," but my girl will know where the condoms are located in the drugstore - and how they're used, and I'm not going to prevent her doing her own shopping.

My goal is to educate - but not condone, just like my parents successfully did with me...hope that makes sense.
    Anonymous