Did you register for a bottle sterilizer? If you got one, did you find it useful?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:24 PM on Nov. 13, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I got a bottle sterilizer for my baby shower and I honestly never used it. All you have to do is boil the bottles for a few minutes before you use them for the first time. Make sure to clean each bottle thoroughly after every use and your baby will be fine drinking out of them. If you sterilize your bottles constently your baby will never develop the immunities that he or she needs to develop.
    denisekeene

Answer by denisekeene at 9:40 PM on Nov. 13, 2009

• I got a bottle sterilizer also, and I am finding it very useful!!! I know it's a bit bulky, but I really like it because I put the bottles in there to get sterilized while my baby is sleeping. I feel alot better knowing that when he wakes up, he gets clean bottles to use again!!! :)
    Beamal

Answer by Beamal at 9:54 PM on Nov. 13, 2009

• I never had a bottle sterilizer, but I can tell you that after the initial boiling of the bottles to clean them, you can run them in the diswasher to clean them and that actually sterilizes them, along with the caps & nipples (they make baskets specially for the dishwasher) because the dishwasher water gets so hot and it also goes through it's heat/drying cycle. I just found throwing them all in there easier than having another countertop gadget, ya know?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:19 AM on Nov. 14, 2009

• I didn't have a dishwasher or bottle sterilizer, but I did use the Medela quick clean micro-steam bags. Simple, fast and then could be stored away in a drawer.
    halfpint_ny

Answer by halfpint_ny at 6:40 AM on Nov. 14, 2009

• No and I've never sterilized a bottle ever.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:17 AM on Nov. 14, 2009

• No, although I bought one for $1 at a yard sale. Boiling water and sterilizing that way works just as well. Or use the dishwasher. I would say it's not necessary and I only used mine a handful of times.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:39 AM on Nov. 14, 2009

• It's a waste of money IMO. The dishwasher sterilizes and cleans them. They even sell basket things you can put the nipples in.
    katzmeow726

Answer by katzmeow726 at 8:28 AM on Nov. 14, 2009

• I bought a microwave sterlizer and found it very easy to use and I used it a lot during the first several months.
    coppersoul

Answer by coppersoul at 12:31 PM on Nov. 14, 2009

• It's a waste of money. Just wash your bottles in hot, soapy water, and you'll be fine! Or breastfeed...
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 1:22 AM on Nov. 15, 2009