ladies who scrapbook, quick question!

i was wondering how much money would i need to invest in card stock to make my own Yule/holiday greetings? nothing extremely fancy. something just right and pretty. or is it just cheaper to buy hallmark cards lol? i know the hallmark cards or the package ones are all xmas stuff and i dont celebrate it. i cant find the ones i used last year. anywho, i wanted to know what i would need to make a greeting out of card stock and other things i need at michaels?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:01 PM on Nov. 13, 2009 in Hobbies & Crafts

• It is much cheaper to make your own cards. You can get a stack of cardstock for about $10 and there are usually over 100+ sheets in each package, if not more. If there is a Hobby Lobby near you, they have their paper on sale about every 2 weeks for around 50% off. It is so much fun to make cards and you can put your personality into the cards and make them really special.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 7:44 PM on Nov. 14, 2009

• OP here, thanks for the info. I have to check into Joanns or michales. there is no hobby lobby here.
    Anonymous

• I made my own cards one year and I spent three times what I would have printing out personalized ones at snapfish or shutterfly.
    Anonymous

• I have found it to be more cost effective to make my own greeting cards or even postcards through web-based digital scrapbooking programs. And at $0.99 a piece on high quality card stock, you can't beat that!
    Patty_WAHM

Answer by Patty_WAHM at 10:39 AM on Nov. 17, 2009