Pre-eclampsia question...

I am 12 weeks pregnant and have been informed that I this is a "high risk" pregnancy and that I am a super high risk for pre-eclampsia. The doctors have told me the signs to be aware of, but I am curious from moms with experience...what would you say the flashing white is like? I'm also diabetic so when my sugars get low my vision gets kinda fuzzy like and so I want to know if there is an absolute difference between the two. Also, what else did you experience as far as symptoms? Thanks ahead of time.

jdrae13

Asked by jdrae13 at 10:06 PM on Nov. 13, 2009 in Pregnancy

• when i was pregnant. it was the later part of my pregnancy. the dr's thought i had it. i had extremely high blood pressure. my whole body was swollen and my feet were so swollen to where i couldnt walk. i had headaches. bad headaches all the time. protein in my urine. and i think that was about it. come to find out i did not have it thank god. but they thought i did because i had all the symptoms of it. they said i could have probably been developing it. because they never gave me a reason why i had all these things wrong with me and was negative for pre eclampsia.
    a.whaley38401

Answer by a.whaley38401 at 10:14 PM on Nov. 13, 2009

• I started swelling up pretty bad (10lbs within a week or 2...kind of vague memory now) after Thanksgiving dinner. I think the heavy salt triggered it, but don't know for sure...I definitely swelled significantly the next day and it didn't subside. My bp didn't get high enough for "flashing white", if I remember right. But, I imagine that you'll know it when you see it.

It will be very important to follow doctor's orders carefully if you're already at high risk. I wish you the best!
    halfpint_ny

Answer by halfpint_ny at 6:37 AM on Nov. 14, 2009