Attn PAST Nuvaring Users? Maybe TMI?

I quit using Nuvaring in July of this year (not by choice but due to insurance/cost issues).

What kind of things did you notice about your cycle when you quit using Nuvaring?

Before using Nuvaring my cycle was 28 days. It was like clockwork. Then I had my son and was put on Nuvaring due to its ease of use. That was years ago, almost to the date that I quit.

My first cycle (July-August) was 27-29 days long (forgot to mark exact day started in July). The August-September cycle was 31 days (took test - negative). September-October was 36 days (tested again - negative). October to now it's been 33 days and no sign of Aunt Flo.

So how did your cycles pan out after the ring? How long did it take for you to become regular? How long did you use the ring? Also, after the ring, if you became pregnant how reliable were your average pregnancy tests (store bought)?

Any information would be great and appreciated!

FireyMamacita

Asked by FireyMamacita at 10:26 PM on Nov. 13, 2009 in Health

• My cycle was every 28 days for 8 years before using the nuvaring. When I went off of it to TTC my DD my cycle was 40-42 days for 5 months til I conceived. Talk about messing with my emotions... Each month I was sure that I was pregnant:( And its VERY hard to TTC, or to try to prevent pregnancy (without a condom) when you have NO idea how long your cycle is going to be or when you are going to ovulate
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 11:15 PM on Nov. 13, 2009

• I tested the first 2 months because I was sure i was pregnant due to the late periods but then the next 3 I decided not to test til I was 2 weeks late. I was 11 days late the 3rd month (didnt test) 14 days late the 4th month (I swear I started my period within minutes of wasting the money on the test) and then I tested at 14 days late the 5th month and I was pregnant.

And after I had my DD my periods were back to every 28 days.
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 11:17 PM on Nov. 13, 2009