do you think cats can tell when your pregnant?

recently my male cat who always was on the go has slowed down and is now laying all over my belly. or beside it. and then purrrs. we are only 9 weeks right now but i was wondering..do you think he can tell there a baby in there?? there is a baby bump alreayd with this being my 3rd. or is it just the belly he likes??he still playfull atacks me every now and then but no were near what i was before. ..

sandraberke

Asked by sandraberke at 10:35 PM on Nov. 13, 2009 in Pets

• Most definantly
    KyliesMom5

Answer by KyliesMom5 at 10:39 AM on Nov. 14, 2009

• yup. i had a cat when i got pregnant with my ant. and she should lay on me all the time.. it was weird lol
    MommaBear1129

Answer by MommaBear1129 at 10:39 PM on Nov. 13, 2009

• not mine,but one of my cats always knows when i am really sad or really sick and not feeling well.he always comes up to me and cuddles and he can go a couple days without cuddling under normal circumstances. he notices if i cry too and my other cats dont.when i was in early labor laying on my bed in pain he came to cuddle that is how i knew it was really happening
    littledozie

Answer by littledozie at 10:52 PM on Nov. 13, 2009

• I think they know. I got a kitten while I was 7 months pregnant. She used to fight with my stomach lol. She would be asleep on my stomach and the baby would kick, and she'd start pouncing me. It was so cute. Now that I'm in early stages of labor she just lays on me ALOT more, like she knows that something is going on. And she doesn't attack anymore when the baby kicks her the butt
    jedwards2009

Answer by jedwards2009 at 9:31 AM on Nov. 14, 2009

• Yup. I'm 8 weeks pregnant and my cat is all over me. Sometimes it's annoying...it hurts or he spends 10 minutes stepping all over me just to get comfy...lol. He was like this when I pregnant with my son.
    grooveybabe004

Answer by grooveybabe004 at 11:15 AM on Nov. 14, 2009

• Cats are so smart and wise!! They so get me! My Cat can tell when I am getting a migraine! My little grandson isn't quite 2. He was sad & crying. And my DD has a cat that got injured. He has a hard time walking. But he ran over to the little one and was on the floor next to him trying to cheer him up! I thought that was heart warming! Cats can be so loving & thoughtful! Mine never leave me alone when I'm ill or down with a migraine! When I had a concussion & skull fracture. My cat never left my side. She lightly gently nipped my nose to not let me fall asleep! Meanwhile DH only checked on me when the GB Packer's lost control of the 'ball!!
    Angellinda

Answer by Angellinda at 2:35 PM on Nov. 14, 2009

• I think they do. My cat would always nap with me and cuddle next to me when i was pregnant.. perhaps its just because of how warm and cozy the tummy's get...
    Jan0609momma

Answer by Jan0609momma at 5:27 AM on Nov. 15, 2009

• ARE ALL OF YALL NUTS ! AND WHAT ARE BEEN SMOCKING ! THE CATS CAN NOT TELL IF YOUR PG OR NOT ! !
    Anonymous