is it safe to get my 8 month old the h1n1 shot ?

i want my boy to be safe but im scared some thing might go wrong and i don't think i could live with out my boy what u let ur child get the shot or have they already? help ...

juliagirl90

Asked by juliagirl90 at 11:16 PM on Nov. 13, 2009 in Health

• My son is 3 and I don't want him to get the shot or nasal spray..I've know too many people get the vaccine and in turn get H1N1; I just keep him sanitized and everything around us sanitized. I don't go to crowded places and if I go to store I wipe everything down and we sanitize when we get there and when we leave. It's is a decision that only you can make; I would do research on it and learn about pros and cons instead of making a quick decision on it.
    Anonymous

• NO I would never vax my children with H1N1, heard way too much bad stuff about it.
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 12:24 AM on Nov. 14, 2009

• ever heard of the telephone game? thats exacly how something can turn totally different. I work in a dr's office and we get tons of people saying there kids have the h1n1 and honestly there is nothing we can do unless they get super sick, then they can get medication. We have given out tons of these vaccines to chidren and honestly i dont think one has called back with a problem. I would defiatley have him get this vaccine. It is not the live virus so it wont affect him that way. If it was live that would be different. Before working in a dr office i never got myself or even thought of getting my dd the flu shot. Until i realized that it doesnt harm or give you the flu and it is definatley necessary especialy right now when there are so many cases of it and not much patients can do besides wait it out. Look for credible websites to do your research. And if you decide to do it, do it asap. gl :)
    OliviasMommy614

Answer by OliviasMommy614 at 12:52 AM on Nov. 14, 2009

• I am not getting it for my kids either. Chances are your son already had the swine flu anyway.
    stickyfingers

Answer by stickyfingers at 1:42 AM on Nov. 14, 2009

• No don't do it. I will not be giving it to my kids.
    smarie1011

Answer by smarie1011 at 11:22 PM on Nov. 14, 2009