What should I switch my Sensitive formula baby to when she's 1?

My DD is about to be 9 months. We are with WIC and our last formula checks go until Feb. 6 which is 10 days before she turns 12 months. So my plan is so start weaning her off her formula and putting her on a milk product a little bit early so I don't have to buy formula for just 10 days lol.

Now, DD has been on Sensitive formula since she was born, I've always had problems digesting milk (I can only drink 1% or fat-free without my stomach having really bad pain afterward) and my younger brother was allergic to milk for the first few years of his life. I know it's suggested to put them on whole milk, but I want to take these last 3 months in research and figure out what might be best for her.

Based off family history, and her already being on sensitive formula, should I try switching to whole milk anyway? Soy milk? Other kind of product?

momtoezzie

Asked by momtoezzie at 11:22 PM on Nov. 13, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• What about half whole milk and half water? And then when you know she can handle that do straight whole milk. Just a thought.
    Anonymous

• wellthere is also rice milk, also she doesnt need milk. she can get calcium from other sources.
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 11:32 PM on Nov. 13, 2009

• yes use rice dream it's a rice milk thats all i could use i was allergic to milk goats milk breastmilk and soy so thats all there was left for me you can fine rice dream at any grocery store walmart where ever you shop
    freshly.married

Answer by freshly.married at 12:42 AM on Nov. 14, 2009