Should we stick with the orignal spelling for Alexander or go for something unique?

If our baby is indeed a boy we are naming him Marc Alexander(Marc is my hubs middle name) We are sticking with the first name as is and we are set on Alexander for a middle name. I don't know what other spellings there are for the name Alexander. Maybe we will stick to the original but I'm not sure...

tickled_pink09

Asked by tickled_pink09 at 11:23 PM on Nov. 13, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I like things easy. Go with the original. Your child will thank you on down the road.
    Anonymous

• Personally I prefer the original spelling for most names... having a well-known name spelled differently does not make it a different name, it just makes it harder to figure out and ties it to a specific point in time (right now different spellings of traditional names are 'in' so in thirty years or so everyone will know when those particular individuals were born- just like my name is Jennifer so everyone pretty much knows I'm born in the mid to late seventies!) I really can't think of a variant spelling of Alexander that still looks masculine... I do know a girl named Allexsandra, but I don't really think it works for a boy!
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 11:35 PM on Nov. 13, 2009

• I am thinking the original is a better. We already have the French spelling for Marc. It might be too much right?
    Yes don't really think Allexsandra would work for our little boy lol.
    tickled_pink09

Answer by tickled_pink09 at 11:39 PM on Nov. 13, 2009

• Well, I meant 'Allexsander' for a boy but you take my meaning, it still looks kind of feminine! LOL!
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 11:41 PM on Nov. 13, 2009

• LOL yes.
    tickled_pink09

Answer by tickled_pink09 at 11:50 PM on Nov. 13, 2009

• I like the hispanic form of Alexander (Alejandro) lol.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 11:58 PM on Nov. 13, 2009

• Yes, stick with the original spelling.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 9:22 AM on Nov. 14, 2009

• I love Alexander.
    If you want unique, you can try Aleczandor or something similar. It depends on how unique you want it to be.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 2:21 PM on Nov. 14, 2009