Please... DD coughing horribly and not sleeping

My DD has been sick since 6:30 pm on Tuesday. She started running a very high fever. Her fever has gone as high as 104.2 and then down. It would go up and down and break and then get high again. I took to Dr. on Wed. checked for pneumonia by chest xray, it was negative. Thursday her cough got much worse and so did fever. It was not coming down with meds. She also was in pain and dizzy, she threw up as well. Took to emergency. Suddenly she got much better after being there 3 hours. Today she was good not much of a fever, some energy and attitude back, just a constant dry cough. She went to bed at 8pm tonight and been up every hour if not less. Coughing and fever started again and really sweaty. She is very tired. Is there a chance pneumonia developed since wednesday xray, and yesterday ER Dr. saying chest sounded fine? Or this still just symptoms of flu. She was not tested for swine.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:25 PM on Nov. 13, 2009 in Kids' Health

• Yes, there is always that chance. Take her for another x-ray. In the mean time, go in the bathroom and run the shower on hot water. Sit her on the bathroom floor, not in shower, let it steam up all the way, and h ave her breathe in the steam. It will greatly help her coughing and breathing until you see a doctor. Keep doing steam treatments at least 5 minutes at a time, as needed. Call doctor a.s.a.p. or go to ER.
    NightPhoenix

Answer by NightPhoenix at 11:44 PM on Nov. 13, 2009

• Cough: measure 2:1 (tsp) of honey to lemon, and administer every three hours

Fever: well of course you want her internal temperature to be lower, so cold foods, "cool" baths, light sheets, ice pack, and take her temp. every hour.

sugahmamma

Answer by sugahmamma at 11:46 PM on Nov. 13, 2009

• My son had a bad cough, the pharmasist recomended DELSYM it's 12 hour cough relief and it worked great for him.
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 12:29 AM on Nov. 14, 2009

• Elderberry syrup.

Answer by rkoloms at 9:32 AM on Nov. 14, 2009

• It could be swine flu.....but you can always try the Triaminic Cough strips. I use them for my son only because we won't take any kind of liquid or pill....I put a strip on a little piece of chocolate with some penut butter covering it and give it to him.
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 12:11 PM on Nov. 14, 2009