Does your husband, S/O Cook??

I love to cook. and always have. WELL DH on the other hand.. Will not cook. he refuses he will eat things already made, or use the "microwaveables" ...Is that okay? lol.. I want him to learn how to cook but he says he has me. But what if I go out of town for a week and he needs to cook for the baby? Does your DH cook?

Proudarmywife17

Asked by Proudarmywife17 at 11:38 PM on Nov. 13, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Does Kraft dinner count as cooking? LOL! Honestly, I wouldn't worry about it. If you have to go out of town for a week, the baby won't starve during that time. I always used to love when my mom worked late because it meant takeout!
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 11:40 PM on Nov. 13, 2009

• I'm lucky my DH is Italian from the Bronx and LOVES to cook... he is WAY better at just grabbing whatever we have on hand and making a whole meal out of it.

Good luck encouraging yours to cook... I guess you'll just have to be like the wives you see in movies and make the whole week of meals in advance and freeze em so all he has to do is thaw and cook LOL
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 11:42 PM on Nov. 13, 2009

• DH probably cooks dinner more often then I do. We cook together a lot too.
    Blueliner

Answer by Blueliner at 11:44 PM on Nov. 13, 2009

• im lucky too my dh is a very good cook. i dont know if he loves it or not but he does do it alot really and really good at it
    firstimemomm603

Answer by firstimemomm603 at 11:45 PM on Nov. 13, 2009

• No, not dinner; he does cook Sunday breakfast every week but thats about it. But it's not because he doesn't know how, he used to cook dinner but now he never does. That being said, if I had to go oiut of town and he had the kids with him, they'd definitely be eating take-out every night.
    LadyEb

Answer by LadyEb at 11:46 PM on Nov. 13, 2009

• I always thought in the deep recesses of my mind, that having a spouse in the kitchen cooking with me would be great. I prayed for it, sometimes begged for it. No SO cooking.
    Until-we bought a house with the world's smallest kitchen and guess what? The ol'man all of a sudden wants to cook with me! WTF?! We don't both fit in the kitchen at once, so I just walk out when he feels like cooking now. I guess I'll get over it eventually, careful what you wish for ladies!
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 11:49 PM on Nov. 13, 2009

• Oh yes! Hubby and cook together as often as possible and even create our own recipes or put new twists on old ones. We LOVE to cook. We really want to open a diner.
    NightPhoenix

Answer by NightPhoenix at 11:54 PM on Nov. 13, 2009

• Sometimes hubby will get the nerves to come in and help me cook.
    but most of the time no because he knows that the kitchen is MINE. lol
    sometimes i will let him help and sometimes i love it.but then again, sometimes i tell him
    to get out..he looks at me...and bust out laughing. gives me a kiss and says okay baby. lmfao
    Cyarasmom

Answer by Cyarasmom at 12:41 AM on Nov. 14, 2009

• Sorry your hubby is giving you issues. I got lucky that I fell in love with a man who loves to cook for me. He doesn't cook for others very often and I cook during the week since he works but he does set time aside every weekend to get up with the baby, let me sleep in and he cooks a big brunch for me! When he sees that I'm rundown during the week he'll offer to cook dinner too.
    mrs.coop

Answer by mrs.coop at 1:34 AM on Nov. 14, 2009

• My DH has no clue how to cook most things. He brags about a good spaghetti dinner but he's never had the chance to make it for me. and honestly i'm thinking ...how good can spaghetti be? lol
    the thing is though, i've had to learn to cook because i didn't really know how to cook anything either! still don't really know what i'm doing but i know how to read so i think i do alright. :)
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 1:56 AM on Nov. 14, 2009