Do you wash the bath tub every time the kids take a bath

I mean spray with bathroom cleaner, wash and rinse.....not just rinse
How often do you clean the tub in between baths if not every time

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:42 PM on Nov. 13, 2009 in General Parenting

• It is only sanitary to clean the tub after each use. This prevents conditions of athletes foot and skin infections from the residue stuck to the tubs surface.
    PhenominalOne

Answer by PhenominalOne at 11:47 PM on Nov. 13, 2009

• OP here......my thoughts exactly but I can't think of anyone who seems to care so much and when I bring up the fact that kids can't get clean in a dirty tub....I get dirty looks.....I have seen kids get baths in some nasty tubs....and the mom always seems to think i'm the dumb one
    Anonymous

• I deep clean everything twice a week, and rinse well during the rest. If it is an especially dirty bath, then I do wash it down with cleanser. Also, after rinsing down, I spray Lysol.
    NightPhoenix

Answer by NightPhoenix at 11:53 PM on Nov. 13, 2009

• drives my DH mental. my kids would take more baths if it weren't for this (I had knee replacement earlier this year, painful to to tub!)

the color of the tub doesnt seem right, there can be hairs, soap scum, etc..... EW??? I only shower so it doesnt concern me personally. but if i ***WAS*** soaking, i certainly wouldnt wanna soak in grossness
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 12:11 AM on Nov. 14, 2009

• my son takes two baths a day
    every night after he falls a sleep i sweep, mop,powder the carpet, sanitize the counters(kitchen and sink )and clean the tub(takes about and hour hour to an hour and a half ) but i have germ issues
    liadotwtd

Answer by liadotwtd at 1:34 AM on Nov. 14, 2009

• Yup, we wash it every time they take a bath! Bath & shower water breads bacteria on the tub surface.... not what I want my kids soaking in!!
    Morgain

Answer by Morgain at 2:21 AM on Nov. 14, 2009

• My kids don't take baths....
    anetrnlov

Answer by anetrnlov at 4:30 AM on Nov. 14, 2009

• Nope. They all shower.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:04 AM on Nov. 14, 2009

• never thought about it.
    MoonLover06

Answer by MoonLover06 at 8:36 AM on Nov. 14, 2009

• If you rinse and wipe with a towel you don't need to use cleaners every day. It is bad for the air they breathe and the enivronment. If you are getting soap scum or a ring around your tub it is not draining fast enough. If you are worried about fungal infections put a little cap full of tea tree oil in the water.
    CelticFaerie

Answer by CelticFaerie at 8:46 AM on Nov. 14, 2009