Question you'd NEVER think to ASK.

lol quite funny. actually.

While driving down the road, and your looking for an address.. do you turn the radio down?

Proudarmywife17

Asked by Proudarmywife17 at 11:45 PM on Nov. 13, 2009 in Just for Fun

• omg all the time haha
    firstimemomm603

Answer by firstimemomm603 at 11:46 PM on Nov. 13, 2009

• Yes! I have to have complete silence.... its like my mind thinks it can see better if there is anything competing for my other senses to engage.

And of course my concentration is better.
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 11:47 PM on Nov. 13, 2009

• why YES I DO, LoL

But I dont know why - that doesn't make me find it any faster.
    sugahmamma

Answer by sugahmamma at 11:47 PM on Nov. 13, 2009

• Yes, I can't have anything that could potentially distract me. Like today for instance, I reached over to pick up something while driving, and there was a truck stopping in front of me, but because I was focusing on the object I was reaching for, even though I clearly seen it, my mind wasn't focused on it, and I had to brake fast at the last minute.
    Anonymous

• Wow... no, I don't lol. The only time I do it is when I need to hear someone else talking or I realize I'm probably blowing my daughter's eardrums out lol. My husband does it, though lol. that's funny.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 11:53 PM on Nov. 13, 2009

• i really keep my radio down alot bc dh has a system in it and it kinda rattles my brain haha jk
    firstimemomm603

Answer by firstimemomm603 at 11:56 PM on Nov. 13, 2009

• yes lol
    Kelly_Motherof2

Answer by Kelly_Motherof2 at 12:25 AM on Nov. 14, 2009

• yes
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 12:36 AM on Nov. 14, 2009

• YES! i always do that, so weird. i have to think also and concentrate!
    aeroslove

Answer by aeroslove at 12:40 AM on Nov. 14, 2009

• Yes, I've been known to turn the radio down too.

But then I keep it down, and no matter the cold, the window is cracked so I can HEAR police sirens, etc.

A few weeks back I was thankful I DID have the radio OFF. Coming down the road going south, to the right are side streets. I heard cop cars, could not see them so I knew they were on the side roads.......little did I know they were chasing some one!!!!! 25-30 mph is the posted limit.

Well this lame assed fool came from my right! I had slowed down on my street to 25mph(posted 30) and he acted like he was stopping and DIDNT! I slammed on my brakes and I missed his back end of the truck by mere INCHES! I was shaken up, started crying glad the kids were not with me.

I moved up as the cop chasing him about t-boned me....and 4 other cops were after him. I hope they caught the jerk.

Now I ride with it LOW....and my window still open a few inches. You never know....
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:15 AM on Nov. 14, 2009