Holiday professional photos

I wanted to get professional pictures done for my son's first christmas. I was going to then make them into gifts for close family members. It's gonna be a tight christmas this year. Where can I get good pictures done for a good price? I used Picture People a couple years ago but I remember them being expensive. Thanks for your answers!!

Jem0582

Asked by Jem0582 at 11:50 PM on Nov. 13, 2009 in Holidays

• is there a Clix near you?

i choose target over most others as well
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 12:04 AM on Nov. 14, 2009

• walmart or sears
    toyota

Answer by toyota at 6:50 AM on Nov. 14, 2009

• Honestly you can save money and instead of going to a professional photographer and spending a lot of money...or using wal-mart, sears or JC penny only to find that by this point you won't have them until after Christmas.....look and see if your local Malls are having Santa. There are usualy professional photographers taking those pics, and you get choose your package....and many times you can get the picture on CD for about $5. Get that cd and go to any photo kiosk at a wal-mart or walgreens and print out as many copies as you need for about 14-19 cents each!
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 11:55 AM on Nov. 14, 2009

• Walmart always has a special for under $20 for a package actually I think its usually under $10. And I have never had them do a bad job. The "trick" is to stick to just the special package and NOT order any of the cute extra shots they take.
    goaliemom93

Answer by goaliemom93 at 3:41 PM on Nov. 14, 2009

• the santas that go to the mall are not cheap. Maybe in your area i do not know. but i am from los angeles and i been to 3 malls back home and 1 mall here (tacoma, wa) and they are not cheap. they cost over $35 dollars just for one picture with child and santa. Picture people is the cheapest out there when you compare them to Sears, Jcpenney and kiddie kandids inside babies r us. Our walmart does not have a picture place and neither does our two targets near by. Picture people is pretty expensive too if they do not have a good deal going on. but at least they do not charge for sitting fees like sears does ($14.99) and jcpenney $9.99 per person.
    aeroslove

Answer by aeroslove at 6:19 PM on Nov. 14, 2009

• Take your own pictures and go to www.photoworks.com they have professional editing software where you can do the really expensive effects like the whole picture being black and white except say the Santa hat and literally hundreds of cool options you can do for free on there that cost hundreds in studio. I used to spend 24.95 for the same enhancements are Sears!!! I took pictures already and edited them with that software and I got all of my pictures shipped for about $7! It would've cost me about $100 in store. use coupon code MASTERPIECE for 25% off whatever you buy too. A black or white blanket makes a great backdrop for your photos. I just looked on photo websites to see what they offer in studio and did them in my yard and livingroom!
    Anonymous

• Walmart used to be cheaper but we haven't fit in their studio for years. Jcpenney took really great pictures when my kids were babies but they started charging sitting fees for each person and it added up. Alot of the places I've noticed are hard on families with alot of kids. I take my kids pictures outside at the park/playground in natural setting and the light is always great . I have a cheap stand that goes up to 5 to 6 foot tall and has a timer on the camera for great family pictures. I usually take the kids by themselves as this saves from buying the single pictures also.
    momof4kids257

Answer by momof4kids257 at 12:00 AM on Nov. 15, 2009