Dh, Army.. and Well MOS-88M!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Does anyone know anything about the MOS of 88M. Well husand joined army and he leaves for Basic Feb 17th. and I was just wondering if anyone know someone with MOS of 88m. We have heard lots about. and he talks to recruiter about all the time. so this is just for input on others.. thanks ahead of time. We have heard its the best MOS to be on base working but deployments are tough, not that deployments arent alreay tough. but the job is dangerous other than infantry also. but thanks guys. OH and id love to hear about other MOS too. :)

Proudarmywife17

Asked by Proudarmywife17 at 11:52 PM on Nov. 13, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I'm a Navy wife so I don't know what MOS means. Can you explain what the acronym is for?
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 2:06 PM on Nov. 14, 2009

• Hubby is busy right now so i cant ask. he is a 91B (it was 63B) it is a call wheel mechanic. He was deployed for 15 months from April 2008 to july 2009. actually just asked hubby and he said there on the road alot (88M) and sometimes bad things could happen. thats all he said to me. My husband is stationed at FT.Lewis.

aeroslove

Answer by aeroslove at 4:40 PM on Nov. 14, 2009

• Sorry meant to say All Wheel mechanic.
    aeroslove

Answer by aeroslove at 4:44 PM on Nov. 14, 2009

• My husband is an 88M. I wouldn't say it's the Best MOS to have, but everyone needs them. An 88M is a driver. Their job is to be licensed and drive vehicles around. It's no more dangerous then any other MOS. Yes they drive around a lot usually, but I don't worry about him any more or less then if he were doing a different MOS. He's completed 3 tours in Iraq. 2 doing 88M stuff and 1 doing MP stuff. Didn't worry more or less any of he times.
    HeatherDN

Answer by HeatherDN at 12:05 PM on Nov. 16, 2009

• this is usarmy.com defenition...The United States Armed forces own and operate over 50,000 heavy trucks and transport vehicles, which include water/fuel tank trucks, semi-tractor trailers, troop transports, heavy equipment transports, and passenger buses. Transportation is the backbone of Logistics, and therefore Motor Transport Operators (88Ms) are the backbone of the Army's support and sustainment structure, providing advanced mobility on and off the battlefield. To operate and maintain the Army's complex vehicle systems, Transportation Corps Soldiers must be of the highest quality, with unparalleled motivation and self- discipline.

Motor Transport Operators are primarily responsible for supervising or operating wheel vehicles to transport personnel and cargo. Some of your duties as a Motor Transport Operator may include:

Operate all wheel vehicles and equipment over varied terrain and roadways for support of Army or Join
    pinky_char

Answer by pinky_char at 12:19 PM on Jan. 27, 2011