How do you know how long your Cycle length is??

And im so serious. u can bash all you want and call my dumb. but im so serious. like the online fertility calculator ask for your cycle length. and my lengths are usually a good 5 days. but las t2 has only been 2 days.i know it usually 28 day length... so if its just 2 days. whats my cycle length.??

Proudarmywife17

Asked by Proudarmywife17 at 12:14 AM on Nov. 14, 2009 in Just for Fun

• You have to write down on a calendar the day your period starts and then count the days till you next period starts.

NOT bashing... but does this mean that you thought the average woman's period lasted for 28 days?
    Blueliner

Answer by Blueliner at 12:19 AM on Nov. 14, 2009

• Nevermind the last part, read it wrong.
    Blueliner

Answer by Blueliner at 12:20 AM on Nov. 14, 2009

• mymonthlycycles.com is an awesome site for tracking your period and they will tell you the average length of each cycle.
    mommacierra

Answer by mommacierra at 1:53 AM on Nov. 14, 2009

• You count from the first day of your period to the last day before you next period. Average is 28 days which would mean you would ovulate around the 14th day, but could be earlier or later.

mymonthlycycles.com is a great site for charting your period. They even send you email reminders to let you know AF is on her way. lol

I should add 21 - 45 day cycles ARE still within the normal range so not everyone has 28 day cycles. Basically the cycle refers to the time your period starts to the time your next period starts. Hope that helps!
    kfroz0415

Answer by kfroz0415 at 2:21 AM on Nov. 14, 2009

• This is NOT a dumb question.....MANY women have never been taught or told how to figure this out. I didn't know until I was pregnant with my first child when I was 21 years old.

All the answers above are correct and will help you out.
    All the best to you. :)
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 2:01 PM on Nov. 14, 2009