What all do i need?

I'm going to be a first time mom in mid january i've got a lot of things but i can't shake that feeling that oh no what if the baby comes and i'm missing something?! I think this is just really my nerves but i was just wondering if any mom's had some advice on to things they found extra helpful to have and also things they might of forgot so maybe i won't do the same!

ADrookY

Asked by ADrookY at 12:17 AM on Nov. 14, 2009 in Pregnancy

• We don't know what you do have... But don't forget your Birth Doula!!

;-)
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 12:22 AM on Nov. 14, 2009

• A boppy pillow is a must for feeding while you are still half asleep in the middle of the night. Sleep sacks are the safe alternative to blankets. You can never have enough wipes- I use pampers sensitive which works well. I read bad reviews about the Huggies wipes causing diaper rash.
    mrs.coop

Answer by mrs.coop at 1:06 AM on Nov. 14, 2009

• I found that i had WAY TOO MUCH! And you probably will too. Honestly, the only things you *need* are clothes, diapers, blankets and boobs. Literally.
    ma2b08

Answer by ma2b08 at 2:35 AM on Nov. 14, 2009

• I LOVE the sleepsacks! They make mid-night changings easy, and allow for the baby to stay warm. We only use Pampers-we've tried other brands and none of them compared (we have a 2.5 yo and a 1.5yo). Make sure if you are going to use pacis that you have a few different kinds-same with bottles. Make sure you have the general clothing (onsies, pants, socks, beanies, scratch mittens) and things like blankets. Also, make sure you don't install your carseat too early (if your vehicle is in an accident, your carseat shouldn't be used). If you plan on FF or supplementing with formula, have some of that on hand, but not too much in case your child cannot tolerate that brand/type. Make sure you have a crib, cosleeper or bassinet for the baby. Baby care items like baby wash, lotion (I like the lavender-helps them sleep), nail clippers, powder, rash cream. And UNSCENTED,UNDYED laundry detergent. Babies can get rashes from the normal stuff
    laird6372

Answer by laird6372 at 2:36 AM on Nov. 14, 2009

• Boobs, SIMPLE clothes (onesies, sleepers - I prefer snaps over zippers -, gowns), diapers/wipes, a car seat, wrap or sling, and half a dozen blankets. All the other stuff you can get as needed.
    eema.gray

Answer by eema.gray at 4:59 PM on Nov. 14, 2009