Prayer In Schools...

What do you think about our Gov. banning prayer from schools?Also what do you think about kids being punished (harshly if I might add) for saying a prayer or talking about Jesus today?

Kelly_Motherof2

Asked by Kelly_Motherof2 at 12:57 AM on Nov. 14, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Nobody is saying to teach a child about religion in school. Prayer is about giving thanks to God. I agree it is the parents place to teach a child , NOT a school. But itsn't that a little trite of some of you. You don't want religion taught in school, BUT its okay to teach children HOMOSEXUALITY. WOW where's the balance in that? Lets see Let a child practice their faith, OR teach a child to engage in a sinful nature . I dunno, thats a tough one. ::::::::Rolls Eyes:::::::: You don't want Prayer but you want to hand out condoms? You don't want Prayer but you have SEX ED Classes. I guess this is the acceptable to you. Give me a break.
    WhoCares224

Answer by WhoCares224 at 2:58 AM on Nov. 14, 2009

• Prayer is fine, but not in school it has no bussiness bieng there at all. They should keep it out seeing as we have so many religions and it is a free country. As for punishment other than prayer in private at schools the child should at least be notified it is not ok to do there, and the harsh punishment is way to extreme.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 1:06 AM on Nov. 14, 2009

• Thats the problem with the school system today. When you start taking God out of things and environments the result ends in chaos. You see all the consecuences of turning our back on God How Crime has risen and increasein abortion (SAVE THE WHALES BUT KILL THE BABIES) New gangs all over, children giving birth to children, everything has increased but people are SO BLIND they dont want to see it they want God out of America YOULL HAVE IT Just give thanks to those liberals and to ACLU and Freedom from religion foundation for the consecuences

WhoCares224

Answer by WhoCares224 at 1:12 AM on Nov. 14, 2009

• Hotmom86 Yes there are other religions in schools. And those other religions could practice their faith just as christians do. My god they have special classes for other languages. Your tellilng me that can't do the same in Prayer time? So they will prevent others from expressing their thanks because it offends ME.”, This PC crap is insane and getting really outrageous.
    WhoCares224

Answer by WhoCares224 at 1:24 AM on Nov. 14, 2009

• well, you know what they say.... "as long as there are tests there WILL be prayer in school!" ;-)
    chickenhobbit

Answer by chickenhobbit at 1:37 AM on Nov. 14, 2009

• Anything religious should NOT be in a public school. However, there should be no severe punishments, either. Suspension is fine with me. It's a parents job to teach about religion, not a school's.
    NightPhoenix

Answer by NightPhoenix at 1:57 AM on Nov. 14, 2009

• The punishment is severe. However, NO prayer belongs in public school. I don't even have a problem with a few moments of silence to allow kids who want to pray to do so. But any official prayer, no. It has no business in a public school. You want your kid to openly pray, send them to a religiously based school.

And I think kids who feel the need to proselytize need one warning to not carry on with people who are not interested in hearing it, not unless those who want to talk about jesus will sit and listen to the teachings of the Torah or Muhammed.
    LiliM

Answer by LiliM at 2:53 AM on Nov. 14, 2009

• For someone to pray in school (not a mandatory prayer for everyone) should be allowed. To say a blessing before you eat or before the day begins should not have consequences. To demand children to pray shouldn't be allowed in public school.
    Crissy1213

Answer by Crissy1213 at 3:00 AM on Nov. 14, 2009

• To demand children to pray shouldn't be allowed in public school.

Not demanded but allowed if they so choose!
    WhoCares224

Answer by WhoCares224 at 3:08 AM on Nov. 14, 2009

• What about quiet time where kids could pray or read or just chill out? User chooses.
    Waxing_Lyrical

Answer by Waxing_Lyrical at 3:19 AM on Nov. 14, 2009