In need of christian mommy advice PLEASE!?

im a mom of two daughters, a two and half year old and a ten week old. I have been a christian for most of my life and read a small devotion each day and pray. Lately i have felt so out of it. I feel like sometimes i dont even want to do it and i have a poor attitude about God. I dont know why i all of a sudden feel like this. I feel so guilty for feeling this way and disappointed in myself. I feel like im not close enough to God and that im not doing things to his standards. I've tried my hardest but have really struggled trying to raise my babies up correctly and my husband and i have been arguing lots. I just feel like alll i do is sin. UGH! I dont know why im feeling this way, i pray to God to give me the right attitude but i still cant shake this feeling. Any advice or suggestions?? GOd Bless

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:08 AM on Nov. 14, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• All I can say is that it happens to each Christian. You are not alone in these feelings. Always remember that God believes in forgiveness.
    mrs.coop

Answer by mrs.coop at 1:13 AM on Nov. 14, 2009

• Be a little easier on yourself mom! You have a toddler and an infant! Loving your babies is what God needs from you now!! Relax a little.
    Remember having a new baby (even it is the 2nd, 3rd, etc) is stressful on a marriage. You and your husband both need to keep that in mind.
    AnnaMac

Answer by AnnaMac at 1:15 AM on Nov. 14, 2009

• What about meditation? I have to say, meditation has brought me a lot of spiritual peace and enlightment. You can sit down in the quiet when both your babies are napping and decide "This meditation is bringing me closer to God." Breathe deeply in and out, visualizing God's grace going into your lungs and spreading throughout your body, breathing out the negativity and conflict.

Start with 10 minutes a day whenever you can snatch that and build up.

*hugs* I hope you get a suggestion that works for you!
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 1:35 AM on Nov. 14, 2009

• i'd been feeling pretty down and bad lately. not wanting to do anything, pray, read my bible etc. barely wanted to go to church and was just tired and just felt like giving up. well, went to church last weekend and our pastor did a message on strength etc. it was like the message was for me.. but basically.. the bible says the Joy of the Lord is my strength.. when we lose our joy we lose our strength and when we lose our strength we lose our ability to battle and fight the things that are coming against us. remember it's a spiritual battle. so i'm gonna suggest.. every morning when you get up start speaking the word out loud and no matter how you're feeling say "the joy of the Lord is my strength" i chose to walk in joy. then say another verse "this is the day the Lord has made I will rejoice and be glad in it"... if you have praise music put it on.. and no matter how ur feeling keep going. it works. God bless .
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:44 AM on Nov. 14, 2009

• I want to encourage you that it is totally normal to go through that after you have another baby. I went through that. It is partially because you are hormonal and more emotional and partially because you are more worn out than you even know. Just keep reading (even if it is just a small portion of scripture) even when you don't feel like it.

I promise this is just a season and in a few months you will feel soooooooo much better. I felt the same way both times and you will get through it.

Allow your Shepherd to care for you. "He will feed his flock like a shepherd. He will carry the lambs in his arms, holding them close to his heart. He will gently lead the mother sheep with their young" Isaiah 40:11.
    Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 2:09 AM on Nov. 14, 2009

• Hugs momma. I know how you feel I've been through a number of times. For me it meant that I needed me time. Thank God My husband understood this. When I could I would pamper myself with a hot bubble bath, calming music. which in turn would lead to prayer of thenksgiving. I would come out feeling oh so much better. Body and soul reinvergerated.
    oldermomof5

Answer by oldermomof5 at 6:04 AM on Nov. 14, 2009

• I am not a Christian so ignore this if you feel non-Christians can't understand your issue. I would say step back for a moment, remember that God allows you to be imperfect (& even expects it). Perhaps have an earnest conversation with God, explaining that you would like to step away from contemplating scripture & take some time to simply appreciate his glory in your children. Ask him to forgive your transgressions & take your guilt, to help you improve your life & focus on your family. Then take a few days, don't pick up any devotional materials, just focus on your family. See how you feel. I know many Christians (and people of other religions) get a great deal of relief when they simply release their problems & guilt to their God, stop trying to force themselves into their old ways of worship & accept that maybe God has a new way for them.

nysa00

Answer by nysa00 at 10:13 AM on Nov. 14, 2009

• I also like others have felt this way and was told it was normal part of the struggle to have younguns.
    I got to where I was feeling like you(I still do too ) and my kids just are great-but I still feel lost.
    I put in my favorite music either on the cd player or dvd player and listen to the music or watch the dvd movie (gaither music usually) and try to sew or crochet or something where I am not in mom mode all the time. For some reason this weird thing helps me keep my sanity. Hope you find moments to do things for yourself as you deserve it !! God Bless you and keep up the faith!
    momof4kids257

Answer by momof4kids257 at 10:28 AM on Nov. 14, 2009

• This may be something physical that is affecting your concentration. I know that after my second child I felt the same way. I saw my doctor and had a bloodwork done which showed that my hormone and iron levels were very low. Low-level hormone therapy and iron-rich vitamins helped me get back in the game. Have your doctor check your body chemistry. If that doesn't help, keep searching.
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 12:06 PM on Nov. 14, 2009

• i dont beleive in god, so i cant help, i am sorry.
    Icpjuggalette

Answer by Icpjuggalette at 8:44 PM on Nov. 14, 2009