Prenatal Yoga

I'm 14 weeks pregnant and I've been having really bad lower back problems. My belly's not big yet so I know the back pain isn't from the pregnancy but I'm assuming it's from my previous pregnancy (2008) + my car accident (2003). Someone recommended prenatal yoga but I have NEVER done yoga. I would love to try it but I'm a bit scared/shy to try it because I'm not very flexible. I just wanted other moms opinion on this first before the class started. Please help?!

HeyDollFace1116

Asked by HeyDollFace1116 at 1:49 AM on Nov. 14, 2009 in Pregnancy

• it cant hurt im sure not everyone will be flexible and if you dont like it after the first class just dont go back..you can also try a chiropractor that saved my life and YES they do work on pregnant women the just change positions once you get bigger!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:52 AM on Nov. 14, 2009

• You do NOT have to be flexible already, and yes, it can really help!! :-)
    (I go 1-2 times/week and am not flexible at all, lol!)
    Swimming is another great option. You can check out prenatal water classes, too.
    But the chiropractor was my best friend through my pregnancies~ they are great!
    You can try acupuncture for another option.
    As your pregnancy continues you will have more aches and pains, hopefully you can deal with this before things become more intense.
    Good luck!
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 7:14 AM on Nov. 14, 2009