6 year old "getting off?"

I caught my six year old daughter using the jaccuzi jets in the bathtub on her private parts... i asked her why she was doing it and she said because it felt good. Should i be concerned??? I have no idea where she learned this from. Is this normal???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:51 AM on Nov. 14, 2009 in General Parenting

• Normal. I did the EXACT same thing at her age lol. I wasn't molested or anything, I just accidentally discovered it. No biggie :)
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 1:54 AM on Nov. 14, 2009

• It is completely normal for kids to explore themselves. If it makes you feel better, talk to the doctor, too. She probably figured it out on accident. If you have more sinister suspicions though, you should definitely investigate. Just ask her how she learned about doing that. Make sure you use age appropriate terminology.
    NightPhoenix

Answer by NightPhoenix at 1:55 AM on Nov. 14, 2009

• That's completey normal!!! My 5 yr old did something similar & I have read up on it and talked to the Doc at her last appointment. Very common at this age!!
    Morgain

Answer by Morgain at 2:00 AM on Nov. 14, 2009

• Yep, Completely normal. My 8 year old plays with himself a lot.. I just remind him not to do it in public. :)
    AaronsMom79

Answer by AaronsMom79 at 2:10 AM on Nov. 14, 2009

• She's just a living thing. All living things will do what feels good. Just teach her to do it in private.
    MoonLover06

Answer by MoonLover06 at 8:35 AM on Nov. 14, 2009

• Very normal, but I can understand your concern. I use to pick up my niece which was 4 at the time from school, and one day I called in to have a talk with the principal. She went on to tell me that she was masturbating herself to sleep during nap time, making moaning sounds and all and was disrupting the class. Needless to say I was flabergasted to say the least, I have two girls and never encountered this! She went on to reassure me how common this was, they find a pleasure point and go for it. After informing her mom, she had a talk with her about not being able to do this in public, or at school, but whatever you do do not tell her it is wrong, it will create issues later on in life.

Answer by older at 8:59 AM on Nov. 14, 2009

• yes..i played with myself from a very early age. =)
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 9:37 AM on Nov. 14, 2009