This is about cats....

How do u get a cat to eat her cat food? she wants to eat our food, and jumps on the table, or crys for our food to eat. I dont leave food on the table , and we dont leave our food unattend at the table, cause she will seize the food.. help!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:16 AM on Nov. 14, 2009 in Pets

• do you feed her wet or dry food? it can be several things first off the dry food may be harder for her to eat (some cats have issues) try wet food. depending ont he wet food your using (if thats what you are already feeding) some of them are very huyman food looking in smell and texture so maybe you need to switch. I got a sample of a new wet food nad holy cow a friend and i looked at it and thought that is scary it would be very easy to confuse it with real chicken.

then you need to get a spray bottle, sounds mean but it works, fill it with water and when she gets on the table or counter spray her and say DOWN, dont soak the cat just a quick shot to scare her. it takes time but it does work you have to be on top of it all the time.

Also is it possible someone in the house is sneaking your pet human food? it happens, I have caught my DH dropping little pieces of lunch meat for our kittens and it drives me bonkers lol.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 2:29 AM on Nov. 14, 2009

• LOL sounds like my cat. I just give her some of what we are eating when we eat. If she gets pushy I put her back at her bowl or she gets locked out of the kitchen but that i dont do much.
    IMAMOM2-2KIDS

Answer by IMAMOM2-2KIDS at 2:45 AM on Nov. 14, 2009