OK mucus plug or something else? PLEASE BE NICE!!!

First off I have been through enough so PLEASE be nice to me...

I have venerial warts that my, now, ex gave me when I was 39 weeks pregnant! Hes a dick I know. Im 3 days away from my due date and on Thursday my doctor put some medicine on the few I have left to get rid of them. Well I went pee just now and I looked at my toilet paper and it was pink like blood was on it and Im not sure if it is from the HPV or Im loosing my plug? I have been having tightening in my stomache all night. Does this sound like the stages of early labor? Am I loosing my plug?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:56 AM on Nov. 14, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Ah! Well that sounds like labor then lol (**NOT MAKING ANY PROMISES**). They are getting stronger? Keep timing them. Go in when your doctor told you he wanted you to go in (usually sometime around 5 minutes from the beginning of one contraction to the beginning of the next, or not being able to talk through contractions).
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 3:18 AM on Nov. 14, 2009

• Did your doctor also check your cervix? it sounds like spotting from a cervical check to me.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 3:00 AM on Nov. 14, 2009

• if i was you i would call the ob after hours and have a nurse call you back, or just go to the hospital it could be eaither really
    firstimemomm603

Answer by firstimemomm603 at 3:00 AM on Nov. 14, 2009

• Losing your plug doesn't signify how far away your labor is. Some women will start to lose their plug as early as 30 wks. If you think you're having contractions, start timing them, and head to the doctor when they're about 3 minutes apart. When I went into labor, it start out as small contractions ALL night, and then kicked into full gear in the morning. But then again (all these "but's" suck, I know) some women have small contractions throughout their entire pregnancy. Just keep an eye on things, kick back, relax, and get some rest while you have the chance!!
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 3:03 AM on Nov. 14, 2009

• He did check my cervix but I wasnt bleeding at all until now and its just light pink. with some discharge looking stuff. I had the appointment on thurdsday at 1 pm so I would think it would bleed right after that if all, not a day and a half later.?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:03 AM on Nov. 14, 2009

• Up to 48 hours after a cervical exam, particularly with the warts I would think, it is normal to have some spotting. The pink says it's fresh blood from the cervix most likely.

It could also be that your cervix is dilating a little bit. That doesn't mean labor, though. Time your conractions. If they are getting stronger, longer and closer together then you know it's the real thing. If not, then it's probably braxton hicks :)
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 3:07 AM on Nov. 14, 2009

• OP. here no there is no way its BH these have been for a while now like 2 hours and they are not feeling any better. but their still ok to somewhat talk through and about every 7-8 min. lasting about a min each
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:10 AM on Nov. 14, 2009