I have a pain in the left side of the abdomen, don't know what can be...

Also the lower back .
It wakes me up at nigth, should I go to the doctor?, ( I am asking because I don;t have insurance, so I don;t know if it is serius or not)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:55 AM on Nov. 14, 2009 in Health

• Eat a tomato or wheat germ if it gets worse you may have diverticulitus, then take a laxitive and don't eat anything with small seeds or nuts and see if you feel better. if the pain doesn't go away in a couple of days or gets unbarable you should see a dr
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:53 AM on Nov. 14, 2009

• Could be anything such as a Kidney Stone or UTI
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 11:58 AM on Nov. 14, 2009

• First of all call your Physician. Speak w/his/her nurse see if the Physician can call you by phone to go over your signs/symptoms since you do not have insurance. You can only do this with a Physician that you see on a regular basis. You can even call your OBGYN see if he/she feels you need to see him/her or go to your Internal Med Physician. Please do not dismiss "Pain" this is your bodies way of saying that there is something wrong. Ask if he/she will take cash & discount your appointment. They would rather take the cash then bill an insurance comp. Ask for a payment plan so much each month. If you have to have a CT Scan which in my state is around $2,000.00 ask the facility and lab the same. If you can't pay all ask for a payment plan for month to month. They will let you pay so much each month. They can not refuse "CARE". Call your local state to see if you qualify for their free/discounted medical insurance.
    delmarnative

Answer by delmarnative at 12:11 PM on Nov. 14, 2009

• It could be gas; gas can cause some really sharp pains; you may want to read up on IBS. Other possibilities are stones and gall bladder; sometimes pain shows up in odd places.
    happytexasCM

Answer by happytexasCM at 2:40 PM on Nov. 14, 2009