Is it normal how she holds her arms?!?

My little girl is 3mo old today. Since she was born she holds her arms up to her chest. We noticed it when she was about a month old and started working on stretching her arms out, and since then she doesn't do it as much. It seems that when she gets scared and also when she sleeps is when she does it the most. Is this normal? Does anyone else's baby do this, or did they ever?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:58 AM on Nov. 14, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• What do you mean she holds her arm in? Have you mention anything to the doctors.
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 4:07 AM on Nov. 14, 2009

• My daughter is going on 3 years and still does this - she sleeps with her arms and legs all tucked into herself - - -actually, that's how I sleep too (kind of). My son, on the other hand, prefers to lay spread eagle with his arms as wide as he can get them (he's 10 months). As long as she's not doing it ALL of the time, I wouldn't worry about it.
    TiffanyMarie80

Answer by TiffanyMarie80 at 5:50 AM on Nov. 14, 2009

• It is normal. You have to remember where they came from. They were all rolled up in a little ball. When they're born there's a lot more room and it can be intimidating. Some children prefer to stayed all rolled up, where others only tuck up their arms or their feet. She should start to unwravle now that she's older, and start to explore her world a little.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 3:00 PM on Nov. 14, 2009