Protein In Urine???

ok I went to the doctor the other day & I am 20 Weeks Pregnant and its a boy I am soo Excited But She said my cervix are irritated and bleeding slightly she did a pap test but nothing came back bad I was normal . Then when I went back and did a urine test they said I had protein in my urine and that it usually means a person has a bladder infection she asked if everything has been normal and I said yes ,I have been peeing a lot but my urine does not smell strong and I am not hurting or in pain I am just worried about it a little because of the cervix and now this if any one knows anything about these please let me know thanks(:

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:24 AM on Nov. 14, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Your cervix irritation could be caused by the UTI. The doc may have just caught the infection early before anything else manifested. (frequent urinations is one of the symptoms). I'd start drinking pure cranberry juice (nothing that has the word cotail) and see if she won't prescrib a mild antibiotic like amoxicillin. GL!
    2murphyboys

Answer by 2murphyboys at 4:46 AM on Nov. 14, 2009

• well when i was pregnant with my daughter i had protein in my urine and i had preclamsia thats high blood pressure and protein in your urien.. i had to get induced at 36 weeks because it got bad.. so i dont knwo how your blood pressure has been but thats also a sign of that..
    mrm1787

Answer by mrm1787 at 6:54 AM on Nov. 14, 2009

• Hope this bit of info is helpful:

Protein in urine when pregnant

doulala

Answer by doulala at 7:10 AM on Nov. 14, 2009

• Protein can be a sign of preeclampsia but I think they usually notice the blood pressures first. At least they did with me. Cranberry juice is great if its a UTI but if you don't like the juice maybe you could ask about taking a cranberry supplement. It's a pill you take every day like a vitamin. Thats what I do because I HATE cranberry juice.
    Nesa_Z

Answer by Nesa_Z at 10:04 AM on Nov. 14, 2009

• It could be a UTI as pp have said. I got one with no symptoms at all while pregnant, they only found it b/c of the pee test. It seems to be a pattern; I have another asymptomatic UTI. See if they are willing to give you an antibiotic before it gets worse, and drink either cranberry or pomegranite juice for the benefits, or take the pills if you don't like the juice. The key is to find it and knock it out early, before you have to go on strong antibiotics like I did.
    preacherskid

Answer by preacherskid at 1:14 PM on Nov. 14, 2009