Does your family buy brand names only?

I really couldnt care less where a product came from. If it fits wear it, if it tastes good eat it, etc. I only have that LL bean coat or those Tommy jeans cause I bought them second hand. $3 is wayyyyy less then the $80 at the real store.
My question is...
How can your family afford to buy brand name everything and why would you waste your money?
I see and hear so many people that say " My kid will only shop at Aeropostale" or"I only buy Hood milk" I dont get it!

formykids373

Asked by formykids373 at 6:24 AM on Nov. 14, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I probably do a 50/50. Jean for my family have to be name brand. They last so much longer. I usually get them when they are on sale. I am the one that needs Hood whole mike only. But 80% of my food is store brand. As for the rest of my clothes Walmart Target American Eagle Hollister. I really depends on what I am shopping for.
    Dianneakamommy

Answer by Dianneakamommy at 7:03 AM on Nov. 14, 2009

• I shop for quality and I shop for bargains. Sometimes, I find real bargains in name brands. Just recently, I bought a $128 pair of white Pendleton slacks for $10, and I was thrilled to pieces. Pendleton is quality stuff but it is usually way too expensive for me and I pass it by. This was at the end of the season, so I only got to wear them once, but they will be great for next summer.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 7:06 AM on Nov. 14, 2009

• well my older kids are equal fine in Wlamart. Target clothes as they are Abercombie, AE and such. They like to spen d birthday and Xmas money at the mall at those stores. Usually they hi tthe sales and clearance racks first. I don't believe my son has ever spend full price at those stores.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 7:15 AM on Nov. 14, 2009

• Mostly only in clothing. There are a few things like ketchup and chips that I will not buy an off brand.
    lapcounter

Answer by lapcounter at 8:00 AM on Nov. 14, 2009

• Like lapcounter said, a few things, for me are like mayo, cheese I can not eat if they are store brand but in Pensacola, I am a whore, I know every thrift store, what there hours are, the shortest route there, prices, the owners. I would rather get a pair of $150 dollar jeans for $2.50 and hey, there are already wore in, I don;t have to wash them ten times before they fit right.
    Theone3608

Answer by Theone3608 at 8:17 AM on Nov. 14, 2009

• Yup ... Ive only wore brand name since as long as i can remember , same w/ my SO ... thats all harmoni and mikey wear too ... We afford it because my SO works and he manages the money ... We dont go shopping often , maybe every other pay
    tha-hawt-mommie

Answer by tha-hawt-mommie at 8:30 AM on Nov. 14, 2009

• i have my "name brand" only things for jsut a few items the rest is done by price
    jajamama

Answer by jajamama at 8:43 AM on Nov. 14, 2009

• Nope sure don't. I wear Old Navy, No Boundaries, SO, Body Central stuff, Aeropostale, and other odd brands. :) The things i have from AERO I got dirt cheap. I don't like spending a ton of money on clothes. And normally the brand names i don't like because everyone else is wearing them, i hate dressing like everyone else
    Zacherysmommy08

Answer by Zacherysmommy08 at 8:48 AM on Nov. 14, 2009

• honestly, we could afford it...but I dont waste money on them... besides on most foods ( some foods I buy generic, but we mostly go for name brands on that) ...but for clothes as long as they are cute and I feel good quality then I get them....even if I had a million dollars I would not spend over $30 on a pair of jeans -- and even that is pushing it !
    glamomomo

Answer by glamomomo at 8:55 AM on Nov. 14, 2009

• We get name brand clothes from thrift stores for $2-$5. Otherwise, we NEVER pay full price for name brand clothes. I don't care what the brand is. Most of our clothes are from thrift stores and garage sales and if it fits and we like it, great. If it's a brand name, then even better.

As far as food, the only name brand things we will get are ketchup, peanut butter and toilet paper. Everything else is generic.
    Bethsunshine

Answer by Bethsunshine at 9:01 AM on Nov. 14, 2009