Remedies for diaper rash

My dd has a huge diaper rash that looks like a birthmark. It doesnt seem to bother her and I've used rash cream on her for almost a week now but there is no end in sight. Do you know of any remedies that helped you lo get rid of a bad rash?

SabrenaLeigh

Asked by SabrenaLeigh at 7:38 AM on Nov. 14, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Going diaper-free (air drying) is really helpful.
    But breastmilk is really great, too! Better than an ointment for many things.
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 7:47 AM on Nov. 14, 2009

• Air dry as much as possible. For a pre-crawler, just put her on a towel to play. If it's still not clearing up after a day or two, or looks worse, call your pediatrician's office. It may be yeast. They'll prescribe an antifungal cream, probably alternating with hydrocortisone cream, to clear it up.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 7:58 AM on Nov. 14, 2009

• You need butt paste! It works everytime and fast.

http://www.buttpaste.com/BLButtPaste.php
    i_am_ur_kittie

Answer by i_am_ur_kittie at 8:03 AM on Nov. 14, 2009

• Each of my children has responded differently to rashes! For on, Butt Paste was great! For the second - everything was bad for his skin. It just made it worse. Air drying him and wiping him with just water was all that cleared it up. For my 3rd I have just used A&D ointment.
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 8:05 AM on Nov. 14, 2009

• This is an old remedy but it works. Make a paste of cornstarch and dab on the area-it will dry it up. Also, if baby is over 3 wks, when you give her/him a bath sprinkle some baking soda in the water after youve washed-just let your baby sit in the tub and play alittle while, it helps and soothes the pain too!
    Adrismamaw

Answer by Adrismamaw at 9:24 AM on Nov. 14, 2009

• We use A&D when DS has even a hint of rash/redness. DS hasn't had a full on diaper rash yet but A&D has a little bit of triple anitbiotic ointment in it to help clear up any sores. It works great, my mom swears by it she used it on all 3 of us!
    Nesa_Z

Answer by Nesa_Z at 10:02 AM on Nov. 14, 2009

• CORN STARTCH!!!!! either just in a box or you can buy the baby powder thats 100% corn startch it keeps them dry and clears it up my son had terrible diaper rash i used all the creams the only thing that worked was the corn startch
    freshly.married

Answer by freshly.married at 10:20 AM on Nov. 14, 2009

• Another thing to try is calendula cream - - -california baby makes a great one that I've had a lot of luck with in clearing up everything from diaper rash to dry skin :)
    TiffanyMarie80

Answer by TiffanyMarie80 at 10:48 AM on Nov. 14, 2009