Clogged Milk Ducts help! I have tried massage, warm compress, nursing and pumping what else can I do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:03 AM on Nov. 14, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• thats basicly it....i had one it takes a couple of days to go away...if it doesnt start to feel a little better in 48 hours you need to go to the dr for a perscription..sorry i know its awful...a warm bath or shower may feel good
    JocelynsMama1

Answer by JocelynsMama1 at 8:26 AM on Nov. 14, 2009

• drink a lot of pure h2o. later you will have to work harder for you to have the milk supply as it was earlier (unless you get a pill i quess). i would call a lactation consultant immediately (i did not) and now thinking of that regret.
    baby133

Answer by baby133 at 8:49 AM on Nov. 14, 2009

• I know it sounds gross, but see if your husband can help you out with that. I pumped exclusively so when I had one I had to have him do it. I was in SO MUCH PAIN! I had no choice.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:19 AM on Nov. 14, 2009

• Oh, wow, someone said it before me....lol......Yes, if you have tried everything else to no avail, get hubby to help you out. I was in desperate need and had tried everything but he was unavailable, sooooo.........I hopped in the shower, pelted my boob with hot water, massaged and in the end helped myself out, lol. Deperate times called for desperate measures. I couldn't pump. And, no, I didn't swallow, I sucked and spit.......It might be gross and TMI, but a Mama's gotta do what a Mama's gotta do......that crap hurts!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:40 AM on Nov. 14, 2009

• Let me add that "helping yourself out" won't work if your boobs aren't big enough for it, lol.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:41 AM on Nov. 14, 2009

• Why not swallow? It's milk... not semen!

For OP... just keep doing what your doing. It took a couple days for my clogged duct to go away. Try nursing baby in different positions to get at where the duct is.
    LeanneC

Answer by LeanneC at 11:33 AM on Nov. 14, 2009

• Take the hottest shower you can handle and massage!! That is the only thing that helped me out.
    imamommmmyyy

Answer by imamommmmyyy at 1:21 PM on Nov. 14, 2009