Do you think men know if they're flirting or not?

I don't really care if my husband flirts or not. but recently he told me he didn't like me flirting with other men, so I stopped. because i was a little mad about him being so jealous i asked him to return the favor. but he hasn't stop flirting. when he started flirting with a good friend of mine i confronted him and told him to stop flirting it wasn't fair. he said "i don't know when I'm flirting" sounds like BS to me- what do you think?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:12 AM on Nov. 14, 2009 in Relationships

• That's a GOOD question. Sometimes it does seem like they're oblivious. But I couldn't tell ya WHICH men know or don't know. I guess the dirty ones know and tell you they don't.
    rochellejames

Answer by rochellejames at 10:07 AM on Nov. 14, 2009

• i believe him bc my SO says i am flirting with customers at work by being overly nice to them and i dont think i am bc i do it with everyone not just the cute ones, lol. i dont know when i flirt so maybe he dont either.
    ggiovanni

Answer by ggiovanni at 8:31 AM on Nov. 14, 2009

• it depends on what they think flirting is... but he knows if he is or not.. he may not think it is... please we all know..
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:40 AM on Nov. 14, 2009

• I know sometimes I don't realize I"m flirting with someone until after the fact. I'd give him the benefit of the doubt and ask him to be please try to pay more attention and work on it.
    IrishMommaC

Answer by IrishMommaC at 8:48 AM on Nov. 14, 2009

• Of course, he knows! How can he know when you are doing it and not know when he's doing it? I see this as a huge double standard. Neither one of you should be flirting except with each other.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 9:11 AM on Nov. 14, 2009

• i agree with nannyb.. good point!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:20 AM on Nov. 14, 2009

• if he keeps doing it, do it back to him. then he'll know.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 9:29 AM on Nov. 14, 2009

• Some men really are completely naive. My SO often doesn't recognize when he is being flirted with and there are times when he makes genuine comments that would be interpreted as flirting by the wrong hears. Other times he flirts on purpose with some of the older or overweight women he works with in a fun way to make them feel good. The only time I would have a problem with it is if I felt he was doing it in all seriousness. What pisses me off much, much more is when women flirt with him, knowing good and darn well that he is taken. Makes me want to forget my faith for a moment and throw down Southern style, lol!
    WindyTheWidow

Answer by WindyTheWidow at 9:29 AM on Nov. 14, 2009

• Of course. But everyone flirts. It really is not a big deal unless it crosses the line.
    bella69147

Answer by bella69147 at 10:11 AM on Nov. 14, 2009

• Sometimes we do it so easily that it's part of who we are and we don't see the flirting in it as much as we see it as being friendly. I'm guilty of it myself. When I am with friends they call me on it so I'm trying to pay attention so I don't send the wrong signals to the wrong people.

Answer by admckenzie at 2:15 PM on Nov. 14, 2009