10 months old and...

I need some lunch ideas. He is done with babyfood but I am having a hard time coming up with lunch ideas. Breakfast is oatmeal and dinner is whatever we are having. Any ideas?

purpleducky

Asked by purpleducky at 8:46 AM on Nov. 14, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• i'm in the same boat... except mine is almost a year! It's hard for me to decide what to give him for lunch. I normally just give him left overs
    Zacherysmommy08

Answer by Zacherysmommy08 at 8:52 AM on Nov. 14, 2009

• I am a leftover person. Or you can always do cheese with crackers and some fruit in a pinch. My kids were/are both big pasta fans. Just don't stress about it to much... make sure hes got some sort of carb, protien, and fruit/veg and its a decent meal.
    IrishMommaC

Answer by IrishMommaC at 9:25 AM on Nov. 14, 2009

• soups are good for lunch or mac n' cheese or ravioli deepends on how well he's eating solid foods or they have like toddler lunchables i don't know what they are really called but you can find them in the baby section of most grocery stores
    jen699

Answer by jen699 at 9:31 AM on Nov. 14, 2009

• I have seen the toddler lunchables like above poster said and I've also scene gerber meals. I don't know what the age suggestion is on those but it said they had no preservatives or anything in them so that may be an option.
    Nesa_Z

Answer by Nesa_Z at 9:59 AM on Nov. 14, 2009

• The lunchables may be handy, but they are PACKED with extra sodium - be careful that you don't make it a regular thing. You can make you own "lunchables" by giving pieces of deli meat (the actual deli meat has fewer preservatives and less sodium than the pre-packaged lunch meat), cheese, and bread. Another option would be to give yogurt, part of a bagel or bread, and mixed fruit or veggies - that covers all of the food groups since yogurt has protein in it as well as dairy.
    TiffanyMarie80

Answer by TiffanyMarie80 at 10:46 AM on Nov. 14, 2009

• I am a mom of 6 and I always did leftovers. Its a tough age at 10 months old but I have a 13 month old and thats what he gets or soup amd crackers..he loves crackers.
    joker281967

Answer by joker281967 at 11:10 AM on Nov. 14, 2009

• My daughter is 7 months and has refused baby food for a week or two now. I usually get canned/frozen fruits and veges and heat them up a little. Or I make her noodles which she loves! Other than that I give her whatever I have . Her favorites are mac-n-cheese, apple slices, and slices of italian bread. When I don't mind a mess I'll give her a scoop of mashed potatoes or spagettios too.
    imamommmmyyy

Answer by imamommmmyyy at 1:19 PM on Nov. 14, 2009

• Lunch meat cheese, chicken nuggets, veggies, fruit, mac and cheese, cottage cheese, Toast with a little butter on it, Grilled Cheese, mashed potatoes, ravoli, speghettios, ...
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 2:58 PM on Nov. 14, 2009