Baby Registry

My first time doing a registy. A little confused on wat to put on there it seems like a dumb question but its serious lol. Thanks

Kristybaby1

Asked by Kristybaby1 at 9:27 AM on Nov. 14, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i went to babies R us to do my registry & they had someone help me, tell me & find me everything i would need that i couldnt find myself.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 9:31 AM on Nov. 14, 2009

• There are lists all over the internet, take one with you when you go to do your registry. There are so many things you can do without too.
    Ask for lots of fitted crib sheets, seemed like I never had enough. She's in a toddler bed and potty training, so I'm still using lots of these. Lots of bibs too, but people will probably buy them whether they're on the list or not. Also don't get to glued to one type of thing, your baby may decide they will only use a certain type of paci or bottle/nipple. My dd and many others I know where particular like this and your stuck with all these others that won't work.
    camiam81

Answer by camiam81 at 9:40 AM on Nov. 14, 2009

• I put everything on there, well other than the large items that I knew we would have to buy ourselves. And besides I didn't really want family and friends buying my baby's crib,bassinet,swing, etc. I wanted to get those items myself so I knew I was getting what I wanted. But I put lots of things on mine and ended up getting most of what I put on there and a bunch of stuff that wasn't. I put clothes, diapers,wipes,diaper bags, teethers, blankets, bouncy chair, bath products, bath tub, and all other essential items.
    I wish you luck, and have fun with it. I rushed all that stuff when I was pregnant and didn't get to enjoy it nearly as much as I could have.
    BlainesMommy09

Answer by BlainesMommy09 at 9:41 AM on Nov. 14, 2009

• I just wandered around the store and put in things I needed. Crib sheets, bottles, blankets, diapers, toys etc. But I wouldn't put too much stock in the registery. Not a single person bought anything off of mine, all I got were clothes and diapers at the baby shower. It's best to buy the improtant things yourself and get a good stockpile of stuff, then add a few little things to the registery (like extra sheets, or extra bottles).
    jedwards2009

Answer by jedwards2009 at 9:43 AM on Nov. 14, 2009

• Only my future SIL even bothered to look at mine... I got alot of what I wanted because most baby gifts are pretty basic. But people bought brands I didn't choose and I got lots of doubles because no one bothered to look. It was a little frustrating having to sort it all after I had spent so much time on the registry but I was appreciative anyway and ended up getting a few things I didn't think I'd need but absolutely DID!
    Nesa_Z

Answer by Nesa_Z at 9:53 AM on Nov. 14, 2009

• My mom helped me and I just put everything on the registry. We had a Jack-n-Jill shower which was more like a big BBQ so the guys weren't uncomfortable. It was a lot of fun, and since there were so many people, I got everything and then some! I swear I didn't have to buy anything but formula for the 1st year and 1/2!! Just be sure that you put the info for the registry on the baby shower invitation so the guests know about it. ;-) Congrats hon!!!
    kenzie07

Answer by kenzie07 at 10:08 AM on Nov. 14, 2009

• Put everything that you want to. Many people who have had children will get you the things that you wouldn't think you need (breast pads, lanisoh cream, etc). Grandmas and aunts will be interested to see what items have changed since they raised children. You may not get everything on your list, you may get things you wanted and end up never using... just have fun with it and don't be afraid to have a lot of items.

also- be prepared to recieve a lot of blankets and clothes sized newborn to 3 months. Congratulations!
    bloomsr

Answer by bloomsr at 1:05 PM on Nov. 14, 2009