Emergency Child Care

I recently got a new job and don't want to be taking time off every time my son doesn't have school (day off, snow day, sick, etc.). Does anybody know anybody in downtown Troy that would be interested in making some extra money on an oncall basis? My son is 5 and very well behaved (especially for other people--lol).

bananna

Asked by bananna at 9:59 AM on Nov. 14, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Check out sittercity.com. You can also check out Craigslist if you're willing to do the background checks and interviews yourself. There are sometimes college kiddos on there trying to make some extra money.
    kenzie07

Answer by kenzie07 at 10:18 AM on Nov. 14, 2009

• care.com also has alot of local listings, just make sure you check references and be very careful.
    SaturnsMom

Answer by SaturnsMom at 7:17 PM on Nov. 14, 2009

• Thank you, I'll check them out.
    bananna

Answer by bananna at 8:59 PM on Nov. 14, 2009

• I would make a post on craigslist thats how I found my daughters babysitter.
    preciouschild

Answer by preciouschild at 2:21 AM on Nov. 15, 2009

• Hi, this is Stacy. I’m a member of Care.com’s Mom Force—a team of work-at-home moms that helps with safety and customer service. I may be biased but as a mom I think Care.com is an amazing resource for finding care providers. The site offers free background checks, uses the Mom Force to review all care providers and job posts before we post them online, and gives you access to recorded references and reviews to help you decide who to hire. They also have exclusive members-only features like Care-on-Call (for last-minute care), Care Exchange (to meet families who want to exchange babysitting and pet sitting services). Plus an amazing selection so you’ll be able to find a match that’s right for you and your family. Good Luck in your search.
    SSCleve

Answer by SSCleve at 10:42 PM on Feb. 1, 2010