Do you beleive there is a God?

I am kind of directing this question towards ladies who have had a lot of loss. I know after I lost my son. I had a hard time beleiving there was a God of any sort. I am just curious.

sweetpea532

Asked by sweetpea532 at 11:03 AM on Nov. 14, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• There are lots of gods, I don't feel any of them are responsible for our sufferings.
    nysa00

Answer by nysa00 at 11:05 AM on Nov. 14, 2009

• Yes. I do believe, I have had alot of things in my life happen that He has made Himself evident that He is real, and have had several angel experiences as well.
    3rdDay

Answer by 3rdDay at 11:06 AM on Nov. 14, 2009

• Yes.

I have had a lot of sorrow in my life. I lost a father to addiction, then I was sexually assaulted at 15. Some how in it all, I never lost faith in God, but I lost faith in myself. Most of my late teens/ early 20s was a spiral towards disaster and hopelessness. I burried alot of things inside and numbed myself with alcohol.

The road back from this mess of a life started when I decided out of the blue to go to church- any church. It happend to be a born-again Christian church. I was ashamed and even hung over at the time- but that didn't matter to them or to God. This is why, even though I am now Catholic, I will always have a soft spot for born-again Christians.

This is going to sound like one of those cheesy stories that you hear on CBN, but it is the truth- from that day on, God moved like fire in my life. Cleansing me of what I didn't need, healing what threatened to turn my soul dark and hateful. COnt
    ave.maria.

Answer by ave.maria. at 11:13 AM on Nov. 14, 2009

• you are your own god
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 11:14 AM on Nov. 14, 2009

• Yes, I believe wholeheartedly in God.

My husband died in a car accident while I was 6 1/2 months pregnant with our first child. Going through his death strengthened my faith a great deal. I could look back with hindsight and see so many ways in which God's hand was in our lives. Did my life turn out how I wanted? Were my prayers answered in the way I'd expected them to? No, but God has provided for me even when I've doubted Him and argued with Him. I recently got married to the most amazing man whom I actually dated in highschool before my LH. He loves my son as if he were his own. The God that I prayed to was the God of the bible, so I assume that He is the same one that answered and continues to provide for me and guide me through life. He has proven His existance to me. Does that mean I have satisfactory answers to all of my questions? No.....cont'd....
    WindyTheWidow

Answer by WindyTheWidow at 11:15 AM on Nov. 14, 2009

• Yes. God is the only thing keeps me going through all my hard times and loses. Yes, there are times I do push him away and fall, but I always come crawling back. There are many times too I cry out to God and ask him "Why me?" I'm sorry to hear about the loss of your son.
    ABPeterson

Answer by ABPeterson at 11:16 AM on Nov. 14, 2009

• I believe there are LOTS of Gods and LOTS of Goddesses. I've lost my fair share and have never once wavered in my beliefs.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:16 AM on Nov. 14, 2009

• Looking back now, I can see he was always there- trying to get through to me, but I had to make the decision to open my heart to him and then follow through. This was the most important- I had to follow through and make a change.

So with God's grace and his forgiveness of me for the terrible things that I had done to people I loved and myself, I was eventually able to forgive both my father and my rapist. It didn't happen over night- it took several years- but I got there- carried in the arms of Jesus.

I hope you can get to a place of peace, too. It really is the peace that surpasses all understanding.
    ave.maria.

Answer by ave.maria. at 11:16 AM on Nov. 14, 2009

• But it does mean that I choose to trust in Him even when I don't understand. What I KNOW, I KNOW, and what I don't I let go. I figure if God wants to answer all of my questions one day, He will.
    WindyTheWidow

Answer by WindyTheWidow at 11:17 AM on Nov. 14, 2009

• many...
    sugahmamma

Answer by sugahmamma at 11:23 AM on Nov. 14, 2009