What are you getting your LO for christmas? My son is 8 months old and I am kind of stuck.

I have already gotten him quite a few gifts, I know Christmas isn't all about gifts but this is his first Christmas and I want it to be a good one. I know he wont remember but I will tape it and show him later on. I have gotten him the Jammin' Band Musical Microphone, Alphabet train you can push or ride, a small baseball set, a ball popper, about 6 cute teethers, some socks(lol), about 10 new sippy cups(we just took his bottle), a steering wheel, toy remote, toy cell phone, and some other small toys, What else should I get him? I know he will get some stuff from in laws and my family. And how much do you think is too much?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:34 AM on Nov. 14, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• A soft stuffed toy and a nice donation to his college fund. :)

Answer by Bmat at 11:35 AM on Nov. 14, 2009

• I think that you already got him too much. :) He'll be getting gifts from others as well so I wouldn't buy anymore. He's really to young to care to open all of these different gifts.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:40 AM on Nov. 14, 2009

• Are you making this up? You don't give an 8 month old bottles? Babies should have bottles at least until they turn a year old. They have strong suckling needs that would be met at the breast if they were breastfeeding. You at least owe a baby a bottle until a year.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 11:56 AM on Nov. 14, 2009

• ignore people...its great that hes already on a sippy as long as hes taking enokugh from it...however i think that plenty of toys...i'm the same in that my little girl is 9 months now and i know she wont remeber but i still want her to have a lot...but i think your good that coulds like enough
    JocelynsMama1

Answer by JocelynsMama1 at 12:01 PM on Nov. 14, 2009

• Yeah my daugter will be 9 months this Christmas and we're just getting her a few things this year. My extended family is big and I know she'll be getting a ton of stuff. Knowing my daughter, she'll be more interested in the boxes and wrapping paper than the actual toys anyways. Next year will be more fun for her I think.
    jmpeskie

Answer by jmpeskie at 12:08 PM on Nov. 14, 2009

• DD will be one year; we don't have a lot of money, so we will be getting herr a Christmas outfit with a gift card, and she is also getting a stuffed bear (handmade) for her birthday that I have written a sort of "year in review" on. I am going to do this every year so she will be able to remember later. Something to consider.
    preacherskid

Answer by preacherskid at 12:12 PM on Nov. 14, 2009

• I personally think you have already gone way over board on the presents.. and you can still film his first Christmas to show him later without spending an arm and a leg for gifts he'll never remember,  and if you are buying all these presents just so it will look good on film for family and friends, then I think you need to reevaluate your priorities.. but whatever,. it's your baby and your money your spending. One thought though if you are going this overboard now, seems to me you are setting youself up for  a life time of  feeling like you have make each Christmas  bigger and better than year before.. that could get very expensive over the years.  My baby will be 10 months old this Christmas , I got her some teethers, and a few stackable toys and that's it.. they are too young to really know what Christmas is all about.

Anonymous

• I would get him some clothes, for the next few months, an exersaucer, and a jumper.
    twin_mommy

Answer by twin_mommy at 1:08 PM on Nov. 14, 2009

• My daughter is 7 months now, 9 months on Christmas. I got her A LOT of stuff and still planning on more. If you live by a target they have a lot of leap frog and v-tech toys specifically for the age group. I got her Leap Frog: Learn and groove drum, Learn and groove maracas, My pal violet(they have scout for the boys), V-Tech: Crazy legs Learning bugs; Just to name a few. They were all between $10-$20 each and I let her pick them out herself. I took her down the isle and showed her everything and whatever she got really excited about I got or added to her wish list.
    imamommmmyyy

Answer by imamommmmyyy at 1:14 PM on Nov. 14, 2009

• My LO is only going to be 3 months old. Were just getting her a jumperoo some soft plush toys, clothes, and some binkies... not much at all. It doesn't really make any sense, we have a 4 year old to buy for.. Since our youngest will not remember this AT all we don't need to go over and beyond for this x-mas!
    ali_1107

Answer by ali_1107 at 2:40 PM on Nov. 14, 2009