is bed-wetting genetic?

i was potty trained at 18 months and never had any bed-wetting, ask my mom if you don't believe me. but my hubs wet the bed til he was 11 is it genetic or is it from abuse? he was physically abused as a child, my mom and her sisters wet the bed too but they were also abused

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:44 AM on Nov. 14, 2009 in General Parenting

• I was night trained early too. my brother was not...

dh was a bed wetter til 11 or 12.

my middle dd is 6 and still wets the bed - the other two (8 and 3) are night time trained. so I think somewhere there is indeed some genetics at work.
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 11:49 AM on Nov. 14, 2009

• Yes, I think it is. I wet the bed until I was 13. My daughter is 8 and still wets the bed.
    Anonymous

• I think gentics plays a part. My son was wetting the bed till he was 9. He is 11 now and is fine. Myex used to wet the bed till his age too.
    seashore29

Answer by seashore29 at 6:37 PM on Nov. 15, 2009

• I was told it was gentics, my brother wet the bed till he was 16 or 18 i think (not every nite) and same with me.
    Anonymous