Does it annoy you when strangers touch your baby?

It used to bug the hell out of me.

Imogine

Asked by Imogine at 12:06 PM on Nov. 14, 2009 in General Parenting

• It's annoys me when they touch me, so I would be bothered if they touched my child.
    EireLass

Answer by EireLass at 12:08 PM on Nov. 14, 2009

• OMG i fucken hate it. and it happens all time. we go to the mall ,and walk in a store & people feel the need to touch him, and some people will even touch his face!!! wtf is wrong with some people? especially with swine flu goin around. i swear, next person who touches him, im punching them in the face.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 12:08 PM on Nov. 14, 2009

• I was just talking about this last night, I HATE IT! I would never walk up and touch a stranger's child, so why do they always come up out of nowhere and touch my baby. They don't ask for permission or anything. I don't like it all. I don't know them and I don't know where their hands have been, or if they have even been washed. Really I don't even like it when perfect strangers start talking to my son. How am I going to teach him not to talk to strangers if they come up to us in the store and start randomly talking to him. I don't want him to learn to be rude, but I don't want him being overly friendly either. So to all those freaks out there. STAY AWAY FROM OUR KIDS!! lol
    BlainesMommy09

Answer by BlainesMommy09 at 12:09 PM on Nov. 14, 2009

• Yes, and get this. Last weekend we were at the mall and this girl about 9 or 10 came up and asked if she could KISS my baby. I was like, ummm, no. Uggh. What ever happened to parents teaching their kids some manners. I think I may have just been so disgusted because it seems like everyone is getting sick this time of year. Either way I was shocked.
    jmpeskie

Answer by jmpeskie at 12:10 PM on Nov. 14, 2009

• that's why i always wore mine. pack, sling, wrap, always on my. people feel a lot more put off by a momma bear holding her cub, then whey they are in a carrying device, like a stroller.

i simply do not allow people to touch my babies. period. what in the hell makes them think that they have any right?
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 12:17 PM on Nov. 14, 2009

• Not really. It's kind of nice that people think that my child is beautiful. They mean no harm. My daughter is going on 17 months old, and people STILL pinch her cheek and talk to her!
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 12:29 PM on Nov. 14, 2009

• yes everywhere i go people are asking to hold her and the last two times i went out to eat these people sent there kids over to come see my baby and they kept rubbing her hands and i dont even let my siblings touch her hands because she sucks on them all the time..or any other body part.I used to carry around purell for these people but its too much of a hassle digging through her diaper bag and then offering it to someone who should just come to look not TOUCH!
    mommy16love

Answer by mommy16love at 12:46 PM on Nov. 14, 2009

• I didn't mind them talking to our babies but I didn't want anyone touching them. I just made it clear, once they started reaching for them I would start to walk away... Thankfully I didn't have any problems with anyone.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 12:58 PM on Nov. 14, 2009

• If you wouldn't walk up to an adult and touch them you should be touching a child, ESPECIALLY not a baby who puts everything in his mouth and has an under developed immune system. I would be livid if a stranger touched my child.
    Anonymous

• There's a website to look at the "creative creatures" that troll Walmarts around the country and my hubby and I were looking at it last night.

In one photo a woman had her baby in the back of the cart inside it's carseat carrier (very common of course) there was a sign hanging from the handle that read:

"PLEASE DO NOT TOUCH THE BABY"
    That was great! I HATED when people would think they could walk up out of nowhere and touch my baby bump and HATED it even more once I had him and they insisted on touching him.

SO wrong. SUCH bad manners.
    Chickie12

Answer by Chickie12 at 3:06 PM on Nov. 14, 2009