What are the scriptures pertaining to homosexuality being sinful.

If you know please quote book and verse. Thanks.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:24 PM on Nov. 14, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• "The penalty for homosexual acts is death to both parties. They have committed a detestable act and are guilty of a capital offense." Leviticus 20:13 -- This verse is listed in between the law that forbid having sex with your family members and having sex with animals. Both which we still observe today.
    Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 12:29 PM on Nov. 14, 2009

• "Don't you know that those who do wrong will have no share in the Kingdom of God? Don't fool yourselves. Those who indulge in sexual sin, who are idol worshipers, adulterers, male prostitutes, homosexuals, thieves, greedy people, drunkards, abusers, and swindlers--none of these will have a share in the Kingdom of God. There was a time when some of you were just like that, but now your sins have been washed away, [fn] and you have been set apart for God. You have been made right with God because of what the Lord Jesus Christ and the Spirit of our God have done for you." 2 Cor. 6:9-11

Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 12:28 PM on Nov. 14, 2009

• Then there is Romans 1, "That is why God abandoned them to their shameful desires. Even the women turned against the natural way to have sex and instead indulged in sex with each other. And the men, instead of having normal sexual relationships with women, burned with lust for each other. Men did shameful things with other men and, as a result, suffered within themselves the penalty they so richly deserved. When they refused to acknowledge God, he abandoned them to their evil minds and let them do things that should never be done." (verse 26-28).
    Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 12:31 PM on Nov. 14, 2009

• I also want to point out that what I love about the first verse I gave you is that homosexuality is not singled out as something terribly worse than the other sins listed. It is listed among many sins that are common to EVERYONE. That was written to believers, and it says, "and such were some of you" so it shows that homosexuals can enter the kingdom. Once we accept Jesus Christ as our Savior we ALL have to repent of our sins and pursue purity and holiness.

: )
    Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 12:33 PM on Nov. 14, 2009

• I would not know because I try not to judge others. No one can be completely certain exactly how to interprit the Bible. It's just like trying to guess when the world will end. It is not worth it for us to waste our precious time here on earth worrying about others life decisions. We are here to be happy, peaceful, and free. How do I know? Not because the bible or anyone else says so. It is because of how I feel inside when I experience these emotions. Life is awesome when you are free to let others do their thing and you are free to just BE!!!
    birdee12

Answer by birdee12 at 1:05 PM on Nov. 14, 2009

• Oh and NO I am not gay!
    birdee12

Answer by birdee12 at 1:06 PM on Nov. 14, 2009

• do a search you'll come up with lots of post regarding this.
    Anonymous

• birdee12
    I would not know because I try not to judge others. No one can be completely certain exactly how to interprit the Bible. It's just like trying to guess when the world will end. It is not worth it for us to waste our precious time here on earth worrying about others life decisions. We are here to be happy, peaceful, and free. How do I know? Not because the bible or anyone else says so. It is because of how I feel inside when I experience these emotions. Life is awesome when you are free to let others do their thing and you are free to just BE!!!

It sounds as if the god of this world (the devil) has blinded you to the truth. Repent and turn to God. The bible is understandable.
    Anonymous

• Idiot anon :36, there is more than ONE religion on earth. Christianity is young compared to most other religions you dolt.
    Anonymous

• Anonymous
    Idiot anon :36, there is more than ONE religion on earth. Christianity is young compared to most other religions you dolt.

tsk tsk....calling me your own personal name...hmmm ...
    Jesus is God in the flesh. There is no religion before Jesus.
    Anonymous